• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1958 1c lincoln ddo??

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @Marshall8273

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing a photo of your coin. We cannot authenticate or confirm variety designations with photos of your coins. Submission is required to receive the professional opinion of the NGC grading team. 

Submission information and instructions can be found here: NGC Coins | How to submit.

If you would like to have someone take a look at the coin before deciding to submit the coin, you can visit a local coin dealer. NGC Authorized dealers can be found here: NGC | Dealer Locator.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

When you post photos on these forums, please crop them, properly orient them, and show both sides of the coin. I can't see doubling of any kind on your coin, though better photos might reveal something.  It appears to be a very common normal 1958 Lincoln cent in about Extremely Fine condition, which is worth a few cents. It certainly doesn't match the extremely rare 1958 doubled die cent to which I think you're referring, the NGC Coin Explorer photo of which follows:

818837-1.jpg

Note the bold, crisp die doubling on nearly all of the lettering. Unless your coin bears a close resemblance to it, I doubt it would be worth your time and money to take it to a dealer, much less submit it.