• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 Second Opinion

2 posts in this topic

I reached out to my local coin shop was brushed of... Recently found this 1994 cent while searching it caught my eye amongst the several boxes I was going through.  At first I thought maybe somebody coated this coin but decided to put it on a usb microscope.  Well the FG on the revers definitely has some type of double.

Thank you in advance for any advice and should I get this graded!

WIN_20230320_10_37_03_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230320_10_28_15_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230320_10_34_02_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230320_10_34_53_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230320_10_21_53_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230320_10_24_30_Pro.jpg

1994o.jpg

1994r.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Brian Dodd

Thank you for contacting us. We cannot evaluate, authenticate or confirm designations with photos of your coins. You would need to submit your coin for evaluation by the NGC grading team.

I would like to share that NGC does not attribute as varieties coins that display Strike Doubling, Abrasion Doubling, Die Deterioration Doubling, Master Die Doubling (doubling that is found on all coins made produced from that master die), insignificant die chips, breaks, cracks or any variety coin that falls under mint tolerances for doubling or normal die wear.

Additionally, with few exceptions, NGC will not attribute die varieties that require greater than 5x magnification to be clearly recognizable.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.