• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1917 ddo lincoln wheat cent
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I think your grade range is correct at Choice Very Fine to Extremely Fine.  The reverse has some areas of light corrosion and a few rim nicks. Hopefully, it would still be numerically graded.

It certainly appears to be the sought-after 1917 doubled die cent, FS-101. Where did you find it?

It's not a 1917 doubled die in my opinion, and while it has good detail, that pitting on the right wheat is probably going to be its downfall from a slabbing standpoint.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:15 AM, Sandon said:

@JKK--This coin matches the photos in The Cherrypickers' Guide and NGC VarietyPlus for this doubled die variety.

Then you must use a version of the guide that differs from the one I own.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:51 AM, Kerrykz said:

The wheat stalk is def concerning for me...   why not jjk?

Because it doesn't look quite like the one in my guide. It looks like a sort of MD knockoff of it, in that it has doubling that might tempt one to succumb to some pareidolia, but is only about halfway there and too shelfy. It's the kind of thing that at a casual glance one would think it was confirmed, but a closer look suggests not.