• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ancient Roman Coins - Trajan and Hadrian Uncia Coins - How would NGC Ancients Classify Them?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new to the world of collecting Ancient Coins and have a specific question as to how NGC Ancients would classify and label certain coins.

Attached are pictures of a Trajan-issued Uncia coin and a Hadrian-issued Uncia coin.  How would NGC Ancients classify and label these coins?  "ROMAN EMPIRE", "SYRIA, ANTIOCH", or something else?

This information will help me build a collection and correctly submit Roman Coins to NGC Ancients.  Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Billy C.

Trajan Uncia.png

Hadrian Uncia.png

Edited by Pastime Classics
Added missing text

• Administrator

Hello @Pastime Classics

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing the photos of your coins. Attribution of coins requires an in-hand examination and research by our Ancients grading team and I am not able to provide an evaluation via photos. 

Please keep in mind that NGC Ancients will use what it considers to be the most valid attribution provided in standard references. However, it is essential to recognize that more than one opinion is often current, and that the standard attributions are subject to change based upon new research. Principally for this reason we do not record reference numbers on our labels, and we do not guarantee our attributions. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Regards,