• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1856 FE MS66 at FUN

4 posts in this topic

Just saw across the street that Stewart posted that Heritage is going to have a 1856 FE MS66 up for sale at FUN. For us die hard FE & IHC collectors, this could be a once in a lifetime experience to view this coin. The thought of possibly examining it just blows my mind. For 45 years I have wanted to own one. In fact one of my reasons for attending the show was to buy one. This will be icing on the cake. ooo.gif

Mike -- I'm also looking forward to seeing the two 68RD IHs (PCGS 1861 & 1899) from the same collection. Both are ex. Epstein and I'm told are the only 2 PCGS 68RDs in existence even though they list one other (another 1899).

I'm very curious to see the 1899. A very common date, but Epstein liked it so much he bought it back from Rick Snow & Brian Wagner, to whom he sold his collection, at their asking price of 12.5K in 1995. A year later he consigned it again to them and it sold for 14.5K.

Paul I remember that story about the 1899, the only coin he wanted back. I've never seen a 68 IHC, for that matter I have never seen a 67 in person either. Should I bring smelling salts?