• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ungraded Morgans
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I believe the question relates to the NGC Registry.  The Competitive Registry sets don't allow raw coins as Bill noted.  However creating a Custom Registry set will allow raw coins to be entered, but with no points and you can't share the coins last time I checked.  It's a much more clunky system also.

Welcome Forum.jpg

On 1/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, EagleRJO said:

I believe the question relates to the NGC Registry.  The Competitive Registry sets don't allow raw coins as Bill noted.  However creating a Custom Registry set will allow raw coins to be entered, but with no points and you can't share the coins last time I checked.  It's a much more clunky system also.

Welcome Forum.jpg

Just to expand on this, you can enter and your non-certified coins into your inventory using the old NGC registry system, this can be found at www.collectors-society.com.   You can use the same username and password that you used to create this post.   However, all this does is create a digital file of the coins, you are not allowed to use those raw coins in any competitive registry set.   And while you can enter those raw coins into a custom set, nobody can see the coins in that custom set.   Even while logged on you will not be able to see the raw coins you have entered into that custom set unless you are in the edit set mode.

If you decide you want to create your inventory and populate it with raw coins I will be happy to provide you with the steps to do so.

Edited by Coinbuf

I use the Collectors Society exclusively, do NOT find the interface clunky and I CAN but don’t share mine. I can take photos, and I can share the photos. 

On 1/24/2023 at 12:48 PM, VKurtB said:

I use the Collectors Society exclusively, do NOT find the interface clunky and I CAN but don’t share mine. I can take photos, and I can share the photos. 

So you can make sets or collections which includes raw coins not graded viewable by the public?  How do you share the photos?

On 1/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, EagleRJO said:

So you can make sets or collections which includes raw coins not graded viewable by the public?  How do you share the photos?

I take the pictures and they show up. I wouldn’t know how NOT to. 

V Kurt don't share no Coins wit nobody. Lol! I'm glad he spoke up though. Not that I have any Graded or otherwise to put anywhere. I thought it odd that a person couldn't see shots of him own Coins. 

On 1/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

V Kurt don't share no Coins wit nobody. Lol! I'm glad he spoke up though. Not that I have any Graded or otherwise to put anywhere. I thought it odd that a person couldn't see shots of him own Coins. 

You may need to share your Collectors Society user ID, but NOT your password. 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:58 PM, VKurtB said:

You may need to share your Collectors Society user ID, but NOT your password. 

Oh heck no. Never a password. I thought y'all were talking about sharing your Coins photos. My bad, kind Sir. 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

Oh heck no. Never a password. I thought y'all were talking about sharing your Coins photos. My bad, kind Sir. 

The Collectors Society interface IS loaded with tabs that may not be everyone’s first choice in user interfaces. It’s “different” from the Registry Set interface, but I find it better. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, VKurtB said:

The Collectors Society interface IS loaded with tabs that may not be everyone’s first choice in user interfaces. It’s “different” from the Registry Set interface, but I find it better. 

Hey... As long as you are happy... I am happy too. 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:32 PM, VKurtB said:

I take the pictures and they show up. I wouldn’t know how NOT to. 

That has to be one of the most detailless yet succinct non-answers I have ever read.

I've never tried viewing my custom sets when I wasn't logged in or on another device. It wouldn't surprise me that raw or non-NGC grade coins would not be visable to others in custom sets. I do prefer to view my overall collection via Collectors Society, eventhough once you go to the set it takes you to the new site. I just find it easier to navigate the old site to get to the new. :preach:

On 1/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I've never tried viewing my custom sets when I wasn't logged in or on another device. It wouldn't surprise me that raw or non-NGC grade coins would not be visable to others in custom sets. I do prefer to view my overall collection via Collectors Society, eventhough once you go to the set it takes you to the new site. I just find it easier to navigate the old site to get to the new. :preach:

Zackly! You nailed it. Dig around in the Collectors Society tabs. There’s lots of neat stuff in there. 

Edited by VKurtB