• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

value of 1952 lincoln cent pr69rd ngc

3 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @BHupp,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While NGC does not assign monetary value to coins, the Price Guide offers a tool to help you estimate the value of your coins. The Price Guide shows the average dealer retail prices compiled from independent sources across the numismatic community. The values shown are based on actual, documented market transactions reported by collectors, dealers, and auction houses for NGC-certified coins. If your coin is not shown, this may be due to a lack of documented market transactions.

Other good resources for determining the value of your coins are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices by large coin dealers. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a good day!

I assume that you know how to find proof coins in the NGC Price Guide, which (in case you don't) is found by going to "Price Guides" under the "Resources" tab and then going to "U.S. Coin Price Guide" and then to the correct series and choosing "PF" at the "MS/PF" selector at the top right of the series page. There is no price listed for a 1952 cent in PF 69 RD, presumably because it is rare in that grade (11 graded by NGC and none higher), and there is no recent publicly recorded transaction.  It's not listed in the PCGS Price Guide in that grade either.

I note that a PF 69 NGC cent is currently being offered at a Great Collections auction.  The "sky is the limit" on such pieces for some high rollers at these sales.  It's not my "cup of tea".  Whatever price it realizes will be recorded and may provide a basis for a price.