• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1892-P Morgan Doubled Profile, Tripled Motto VAM-5
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I have to ask why no love for the 1892-P VAM-5, compared to other VAMS I've looked at this one is far better than a double ear, low mintage, triple moto, doubling on the profile. Is it because this is a common VAM? I'm just trying to understand the thought process behind the listing

Edited by blinewalker
Mine

If you recall what you read in the 'what you need to know before posting coins for inquiry' thread at the top, you have to post pictures of both complete sides of the coin, obverse and reverse. 

On 12/12/2022 at 2:54 AM, blinewalker said:

... just a simple why no love for it.

Posting complete in-focus pics of both sides may help explain why.

well she made it into the top 100. but she didn't get the love of the hot 40 or hit list 50..... maybe because there are like a thousand different vams

On 12/12/2022 at 2:54 AM, blinewalker said:

I wasn't asking for which VAM just a simple why no love for it. 

Attached is an example 1892 (P) VAM-5 which shows the attributes of that variety would not be readily visible if one were just holding the coin in-hand at "arms-length" which makes it a less desirable VAM among collectors.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/vam/3

1892_RonH_VAM-5_OBV_03242012.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

The assorted VAM lists are individual compilations - the titles are personal descriptions and not decided based on popularity, visibility or cause. EagleRJOs  comment about visibility is entirely accurate - readily visible varieties appeal to a wider scope of collector.

It takes two things for a variety coin to gain popularity, availability (and occasionally the lack of) and promotion.   As pointed out above this particular VAM lacks the visual "pop" to create excitement, however, even without that pop with the right promotion it could get the "love" you believe it deserves.