• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2003 silver eagle inquiry

10 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, JT2 said:

yes EBAY anywhere from $85 to $ 150 on the sold auctions

Wow, that high ?  Pre-Covid, with silver about the same price as today, I was seeing coins like this for about $50-$75 tops.

Over $100, huh ?  Wow......:o

On 11/28/2022 at 2:52 PM, EagleRJO said:

Prices are actually down from around the the $170's to $180's for a perfect MS-70 about 1-2 yrs ago to the $150's to $160's for that more recently from sold auctions.

Are there LOTS of sales at those respective prices...or are you seeing just an outlier every now and then ? 

Not sure $170/$180 vs. $150/$160 is a big enough gap or trend change but I'll take your word for it since I don't watch this particular issue that closely.

I am pretty sure this coin was $100 tops pre-Covid.  I'll check my records, I know I bought 1 or 2.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

From sold auctions.  2003 ASE MS70 in NGC slab topped out around $180 per Hog in 2020, and has recently been going for in the $150 to $160 range (orhers like ICG for less).  Attached is the latest one I found. May be less demand for the MS70 with the associated premium for that, combined with the general downturn in prices.

ASE $162 Recent.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

On 11/28/2022 at 4:30 PM, EagleRJO said:

From sold auctions.  2003 ASE MS70 in NGC slab topped out around $180 per Hog in 2020, and has recently been going for in the $150 to $160 range (orhers like ICG for less).  Attached is the latest one I found. May be less demand for the MS70 with the associated premium for that, combined with the general downturn in prices.

Definitely impacted by Covid and the stimulus checks and stay-at-homes.  So much $$$ flowed into stuff costing $50 - $1,000.