• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birthday $1 values?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I just remembered I have these.

One is a month and birthday repeater 10131013

The other three are:

Ive had them since the year they were released. I want to sell them so I can buy some coins. I do not know what they are worth. I am not finding anything similar yet.

Can you guys help me with this?

They are all perfect gem quality.

Not a bump, fold, tear pinhole. Just crisp and uncirculated.

KIMG0243~2.JPG

KIMG0218~2.JPG

KIMG0225~2.JPG

KIMG0242~3.JPG

KIMG0221~3.JPG

It doesn't appear that there are many currency collectors on the forum. I'm not an active collector of currency either but have some knowledge about U.S. currency.  

The low serial number notes that some collectors covet are much lower numbers than you have here, usually numbers 1 (especially) through 10 or so, not four digits.  Repeater notes are popular as novelties but not particularly valuable either. It helps for the note itself to be valuable, which these are certainly not, even in Crisp Uncirculated condition.  Each of these notes is probably worth only a modest premium (a few dollars to $50), but I'm no expert.

I would recommend that you contact a currency dealer such as Executive Currency (Frederick and Bianca Bart), 586-979-3400, bart@ExecutiveCurrency.com, Facebook.com/ExecutiveCurrency; or Denly's of Boston,781-326-9481, tom@denlys.com, www.denlys.com.  I've spoken to Mr. Bart at coin shows and made one of my few currency purchases from him.  Both dealers have advertised in Coin World for many years. They may be willing to give you estimated values or purchase offers.

Well, I think I can offer some knowledge on this one. What would be phenomena,l of course, would be if the year the Notes were printed were the same as the Serial. But alas, that's not the case. However.. with Fancy Serials, what I've noticed is that the $1 and $5 Notes go for a much higher premium than the larger Bills. Ie, if a $1 and a $100 Note have the same fancy Serial, the $1 Note gets $50 while the $100 Note gets $105. Do you see what I mean? Also, I can offer the attached 'cheater' for reference that many of us out so indeed consider a Birth YEAR Note more worthy than a BirthDAY Note. I'm not saying qhat yours are worth, if anything, but they are worthy to someone that was born in these years and it can also give you the necessary term to make them sound better and more worthy. Because yours are not BirthDAY Notes, they are Birth YEAR Notes. That can make a giant difference when you go to list them wherever you do your selling at. Hope ut helps. Btw, that repeater will get a nice premium. Check ebay's SOLD Listings. 

FB_IMG_1630166099324.jpg

On 11/26/2022 at 2:34 AM, KarenHolcomb said:

Well, I think I can offer some knowledge on this one. 

FB_IMG_1630166099324.jpg

This was SUPER useful, thanks Karen !!

I haven't been active in currency auctions lately but I was back in 2019-20 and got many of the bills listed above (usually costing me about $50-$100 or so).

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 11/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, Standby said:

I just remembered I have these. One is a month and birthday repeater 10131013 The other three are:

1993 1994 1996  1969  Ive had them since the year they were released. I want to sell them so I can buy some coins. I do not know what they are worth. I am not finding anything similar yet. Can you guys help me with this?

They are all perfect gem quality. Not a bump, fold, tear pinhole. Just crisp and uncirculated.

Standby, they all are worth a nice premium to the face value, for sure, but I think even the Repeater 10131013 usually could be had for under $100 when I was active a few years ago.  Maybe prices have gone up but there's always more of these created every year in the currency printing; yours are 2003 dates which aren't old but also aren't the last few years either.

If you sell them raw, it'll have to be discounted.  It's always tough to judge currency via pictures, but there appear to be some waves or creases in a few of the bills.

Heritage Auctions has weekly or near-weekly auctions of currency with many of your types.  Check them out in a forthcoming sale or check the recent sales history.

Good Luck...report back and let us know what you find. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

I wouldn't call any of these notes birthday anything, but all have good or fancy numbers. The four digit repeater looks pretty dang nice! The year notes, birthyear if you like, look good too. 

The repeater is probably in the $20 range raw, in that condition, and the other notes around the same. Personally I like the birthyear notes better and would think that they would bring a little more. Too bad the 00001969 note wasn't a Series 1969 note, and the 00001993 wasn't a Series 1993 note, probably would have added a few $'s to the value. Karen is correct in that lower denomination notes pull a higher premium above FV because who wants to hang onto a $100 bill just because it has a common fancy number.

You have to remember how common some fancy numbers are, take your birthyear notes for example. They were printed at the Western Facility, Fort Worth TX (FW), for the FRB in San Francisco. Over 1.5B were printed using various parings of block letters, if we assume that the BEP used the complete eight digit number range for each pair of block letters that would mean that there are at least 15 other notes with the exact same serial numbers with different block letters. If we take all of Series 2003-A notes printed at both BEP facilities across all FRB's that would total around 95 notes with the exact same serial number from this Series. Each.

A repeater is even more common, as there are many, many number combinations that can make a repeater. Times however many repeater number combinations there can be in a number range from 00000001 - 99999999 by 95 and you'll have a good idea of how many repeater notes there are in all Series 2003 notes.

Fancy numbers are a cool find in circulation but there are a ton out there, if these were in circulated condition I'd price them at around $5 or less , luckily yours are in good shape. Having them graded would bump up the price but I would think the notes would need to grade 66 or higher to recover the cost of grading. 

EDIT TO ADD:

Fancy numbers, or numbers that people think are fancy, are searched for and found with amazing efficiency. Fifteen notes out of 1.5BB sounds like Power Ball odds but people hunt and find them, I'm amazed at how readily available most are.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

I really appreciate the helpful responses. I am being sincere when I say this. I will buy all the Birth Year notes similar to mine examples: 1990, 2010, 2020 etc...for $30 as long as they are CU. So if you have one sell it to me please!

These notes I have posted are definitely all crisp uncirculated. 

Edited by Standby

On 12/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, Standby said:

I really appreciate the helpful responses. I am being sincere when I say this. I will buy all the Birth Year notes similar to mine examples: 1990, 2010, 2020 etc...for $30 as long as they are CU. So if you have one sell it to me please!

I took a look over on ebay and it looks like the 'birthyear' notes sell for around $40, there wasn't too many true 'birthyear' notes, with four 0's in front of the serial number, that had sold but there were some out there in that price range. A good dealer specializing in banknotes will surly have several if you ask around. Common $1 four-digit repeaters (UNC) were selling in the $10-$15 range, circulated around $5.