• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Your Viewing Pleasure: 1958 Aussie Proof Set

45 posts in this topic

My poor thread, it had suck promise at the beginning. frown.gif

Oh believe me, it lived up to its suck promise.

(and derailments are running rampant lately)

Just curious, why some people in U.S hate France/French?

I can see why some people(esp. older generation) don't like Japan/Italy/Germany

because of the WW2, but France?

Because they eat frogs?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry for ot, JammingJ

Because they eat frogs?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry for ot, JammingJ

There is a lot of current resentment because france was not only against the war in Iraq, but because they did everything in their power to prevent the UN fron doing its job. Obviously, it's not come out that france was illegally profiting from Saddam.

france/french people also have a reputation of having a snobish attitude.

France has a long history of being a thorn in or side. Some recent examples other than Iraq include the lack of flyover rights during the 1986 Raid on Libya, France's aggressive espionoge against the US, support for terrorists like Arafat, sale of technology to overtly unfriendly regimes, lobbying of other naitions against America's interests, rampant use of Anti-Americanism during national elections.

Glad it had nothing to do with eating frogs.....because I do blush.gif

893whatthe.gif We'll have to "discuss" this at the ANA show. sumo.gif

wink.gif

Spiny:

frown.gif

Since you show some remorse, I'll let you choose from European Vacation, 1941, or Gigli as a consolation prize. Thanks for playing.

Nice coins btw, Jammin! sorry.gif

France has a long history of being a thorn in or side. Some recent examples other than Iraq include the lack of flyover rights during the 1986 Raid on Libya, France's aggressive espionoge against the US, support for terrorists like Arafat, sale of technology to overtly unfriendly regimes, lobbying of other naitions against America's interests, rampant use of Anti-Americanism during national elections.

No fair. You are sneaking politics into the foreign coin forum. This thread should be terminated. 893naughty-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Okay, you guys! I'm breaking the chain of quotes.

An American is having breakfast one morning (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when a Frenchman, chewing bubble-gum, sits down next to him.

The American ignores the Frenchman who, nevertheless, starts a conversation.

Frenchman: "You American folk eat the whole bread??"

American (in a bad mood): "Of course."

Frenchman (after blowing a huge bubble): "We don't. In France, we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to the States." The Frenchman has a smirk on his face.

The American listens in silence.

The Frenchman persists: "Do you eat jelly with the bread??"

American: "Of course."

Frenchman (cracking his bubble-gum between his teeth and chuckling): "We don't. In France we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and sell the jam to the States."

After a moment of silence, the American then asks: "Do you have sex in France?"

Frenchman: "Why of course we do.", he says with a big smirk.

American: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

Frenchman: "We throw them away, of course.:

American: "We don't. In America, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down onto bubble-gum and sell them to France."

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

"Just curious, why some people in U.S hate France/French?

Because they eat frogs??"

At least Japanese are nice people. smile.gif

"Just curious, why some people in U.S hate France/French?

Because they eat frogs??"

At least Japanese are nice people. smile.gif

Have you ever been helped by a so-called friend and subsequently wished that you had never enlisted their aid because they never, never let you forget about it?

Okay, so France helped us during the Revolutionary War and gave us the Statue of Liberty.

Along comes WWI and we bail out France. No thank you's?...........you owed us!............repay the war debt?............drop dead!....... I guess we owed it to you for helping us in our time of need 140 years ago.

Along comes WWII and we bail out France. No thank you's?...........you owed us!...........repay the war debt?..........DeGaulle says go to 893naughty-thumb.gifh 893naughty-thumb.gife 893naughty-thumb.gifl 893naughty-thumb.gifl 893naughty-thumb.gif............I guess we owed it to you for helping us in our time of need 170 years ago.

Along comes Southeast Asia and we bail out France. No thank you's?...........you owed us but to show our gratitude, we will support North Vietnam in the peace negotiations............I guess we had that coming for helping us in our time of need 200 years ago.

Now, 230 years later we are embroiled in the Middle East conflict.............guess which country refuses to let us use their air space?.............guess which country is known to harbor Islamic terrorists?...........guess which country refuses to support efforts for world peace through the United Nations?

It sure as 893naughty-thumb.gifh 893naughty-thumb.gife 893naughty-thumb.gifl 893naughty-thumb.gifl 893naughty-thumb.gifisn't Japan or Germany!

France?............how long must we allow them to push our face in the mud with the expectation that we owe them?..............I say kick them off the planet!

Chris