• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washington Crossing Quarter 2021 D

4 posts in this topic

The 2021 P has crisp,  bold insignia on George's hat. It's about the only thing done right on this mintage.

I have found The 2021 D to be quite different. The insignia on George's hat are much less pronounced. In many cases the insignia are almost not visible by naked eye.

I'm hoping to get a new variety of error recognized. Hey, I'd call it the "Private Washington" variety because of no insignia.

Does anyone know if any examples of George's totally missing insignia exist? Does anyone have one? I'd like to see a pic. Any ideas on value? 

On 10/25/2022 at 12:25 PM, El Foldo said:

The 2021 P has crisp,  bold insignia on George's hat. It's about the only thing done right on this mintage.

I have found The 2021 D to be quite different. The insignia on George's hat are much less pronounced. In many cases the insignia are almost not visible by naked eye.

I'm hoping to get a new variety of error recognized. Hey, I'd call it the "Private Washington" variety because of no insignia.

Does anyone know if any examples of George's totally missing insignia exist? Does anyone have one? I'd like to see a pic. Any ideas on value? 

Poor quality control is not an error. 

It sounds like a striking issue. A variety would have a missing insignia on the die which is unlikely. Striking issues are much more common and have less interest.  You'll see stuff like this or with  minor die chips on eBay with cute names to entice new collectors into thinking they are rare and valuable, when knowledgeable error collectors understand they are common and have minimal value

Post a pic if you want some accurate feedback

Welcome to the forum, I am inclined to agree with @Oldhoopster, it sounds like an issue with the strike or a worn die.   A pic of what you're seeing would be very helpful to better understand your question.    However, in general minor issues like this seldom find a large collector base.