• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the best coin shops in Louisville, KY and Dallas, TX?

8 posts in this topic

It may be tough getting a recommendation for a given location unless someone just happens to be in that area. Have you checked the dealer listings on industry association websites like for ANA (ANA Coin Dealer Directory) and PNG (Find A PNG Dealer). Thats how I found a great local dealer I am working with now on some less common coins I am looking for.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I may get in a little trouble if I come home with another coin

Need prior authorization from the financial manager? :grin:

On 9/26/2022 at 10:51 AM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I am traveling for business over the next two weeks and wondering if there are any coin shops with high-end material.  I am on a break from buying (for now), but that doesn't mean that I cannot go look :devil:

If in Louisville, Kentucky, I highly recommend going to the Louisville Slugger baseball bat factory! Always open for tours. It's a part of history even if you aren't a baseball fan!

On 10/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I was overruled on the Louisville Slugger tour, as many had done it. They took me to the Jim Beam distillery instead.  Still pretty fun.

Jim Beam. “Still” fun. I see what you did there.