• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, EagleRJO said:

That is quite an old coin to find roll hunting. But I have to ask, how old was the roll? 😆 

Not a old paper home roll .A fresh Loomis roll from the bank.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Nice finds JP.  Finding a Liberty Nickel in a Loomis roll is a "blue moon" event - congrats!  

Yes I have been finding some good looking coins trying to finish up some Nickel books. So I have been hitting the rolls. I normally save the heavy roll hunting for winter but September is close enough.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Well, I am now officially on the coin-buying sidelines till January... so, I will be right there with you and those rolls.:headbang: 

I understand, That last coin you picked up would have put me on hold for a bit. I may also be in a holding pattern with my last five higher priced Morgan's

On 9/22/2022 at 6:03 AM, J P M said:

I understand, That last coin you picked up would have put me on hold for a bit. I may also be in a holding pattern with my last five higher priced Morgan's

The strategic sacrifices we make today will pay-off in satisfaction tomorrow.  I wish you luck with the Morgan project.  That's a huge and popular set.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:03 AM, J P M said:

I may also be in a holding pattern with my last five higher priced Morgan's

Finally hit the wall with the mid 1890's? Good thing you're doing a one-a-year set so you can skip 1893-S and 1895 (P).  1893-S in particular is a problem for me with the full set.