• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1795 bust dollar

4 posts in this topic

Dose anyone know much about this coin see i do i have studied this coin for months strait , all its history , its values, its collector's, and so much more i have had this coin stored away for several years now and just recently pulled it put to join the rest of my growing collection, how ever i do not currently have the  money to get it graded or authenticated at the moment, so i started sending emails , messages with pics out to coin dealers, auctions, collectors, gold buyers to my surprise i got such a up and down mixed opinions, by the time it was all said and done i did not know what to think, i would like honesty but could not tell with all the replies i ended up with , so back to my question dose anyone own one or is a professional in this old money era?

On 9/10/2022 at 10:55 PM, Sandon said:

The NGC Registry allows both NGC and PCGS certified United States coins.  Coins issued by other countries must be certified by NGC.  To answer your other questions, go to the NGC home page (www.ngccoin.com) and read the various pages under the "Submit" tab.  I advise that you determine that your uncertified coins likely have sufficient value to make the cost of membership, grading fees, and shipping and insurance costs worthwhile before submitting them.

To get more and better responses, inquiries of this sort should be posted under the forums for "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" or "U.S./Foreign/Ancient Coins", not the Registry forum.  You should also include photos of the coin about which you are inquiring. Respectfully, please also try to write more intelligibly and use proper sentence structure and punctuation.

There are two different types (designs) of 1795 silver dollars, the Flowing Hair and the Draped Bust.  While either one is valuable if genuine, there are many counterfeits and replicas (fakes), which are usually worthless.  The condition of a genuine piece also means a great deal.  A genuine coin of either type will have on the edge of the coin the words "HUNDRED CENTS ONE DOLLAR OR UNIT" with decorative circles and rectangles between the words. Most fakes don't.

You appear to be a new collector who needs education to collect coins successfully. "Buy the book before the coin." Please look at the following article I posted for how to obtain some important books and online resources: