• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions please on my 1891 Seated Liberty Dime
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Your photo white balance is off, thus it is difficult to say much about the coin.   Overall it looks like a decent circulated coin with some bumps and nicks, I'm not sure that an acetone bath would be of any help unless there is some active green on the coin which I cannot discern from the photos.

Typical circulated coin with many edge and rim bumps, surface scratches, etc. Consistent with honest wear. Not worth independent authentication or grading.

This common late date Seated dime has Choice Very Fine details and apparently original surfaces, with an obverse rim bump, some light but extensive reverse scratches, and some small patches of likely reverse corrosion in the upper wreath. It's still a nice affordable collector coin for an album or individual holder.  I don't see anything green and assume you are referring to the small black patches, which are likely corrosion.  Acetone might remove these patches if they are some sort of dirt or residue but not if they are corrosion as I suspect.