• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay vs GC

5 posts in this topic

I like them both. Sometimes I find great deals on Ebay. But gotta watch who you buy from on there. Theres several very good sellers but a few bad actors. Sometimes I can get better prices on GC. It depends on who is bidding aginst me and how bad they want it. Some of the nicest coins in my collection came from GC. I like how professional they are. Ive always got my coins very quickly and have had no problems. I usually pick the cheapest shipping option and I have them within 3 days from them shipping. And I live on the other side of the country from them. 

Idk that you can really compare the two in terms of sold auction prices, including the GC BP, as that will vary depending on who is interested at that time. Even so, I have been finding I get coins for a better price at GC lately, at least for the coins I have been interested in which includes Morgans and older half dollars.

And for "buy now" coins I think all the coins where I have made offers or where I have had to return a raw coin have been thru eBay, but GC is almost all auctions and they don't sell/auction raw coins.

Edited by EagleRJO

Thanx for input :) I always compare Ebay sold and current listings and the same for GC, and GC wins most times. The sellers on both items I was interested in have well over 1000 good sales and no negative :) Based on GC historical data, they could make more if they sold on GC :) 

Thanx again