• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Registry Sets

5 posts in this topic

I am working on a custom set for a complete 1878-1921 Morgan Dollars - Circulated Coins (105 coins) collection following the competitive set entries as a guide as most coins in my collection are raw, which does not qualify for the competitive sets.  I have been working on it for a while, and it's going to take a while longer to finish a first pass and then plug the more expensive holes.

Edited by EagleRJO

Your link is to the Collection Manager (the logged-in viewing member's, fortunately not yours) and doesn't access your set. I was able to find your set by looking under the "Toned Coins" category for Custom Sets.  You need to copy the web address shown in your address bar when your set is on the screen to create a link, which can be opened in the right click menu. Yours is Helton Showcase Of Toned Silver - Custom Set (collectors-society.com). You have some colorful specimens that should impress those contemporary collectors who like toned coins.

I have a custom set entitled "Characteristics of Cleaned Coins", by which I try to show collectors how to recognize coins that are regarded as impaired due to "cleaning".  It can be found at Characteristics of "Cleaned" Coins - Custom Set (collectors-society.com)

Custom sets are fun and have the ability to create whatever you (the collector) want.   I have one custom set of old holders, the biggest issue with the custom sets is that only NGC and PCGS holdered coins can be viewed by the public.   In my case I have many slabs form old and now defunct companies that I wish were viewable for those who look at my set.  Second to the bottom link in my sig line.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 8/30/2022 at 4:56 PM, Sandon said:

have a custom set entitled "Characteristics of Cleaned Coins"

@SandonThe one that I couldn't believe was the toned 1913 5C T1 that NGC required you to have "conserved" due to some spots, which they did which ruined the toning and then they graded it Details-Cleaned. 😜