• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corrupted Collector - Morgans
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Some recent "corrupted collector" additions to the Morgan collection, including the first one MS graded instead of BU.  These were coins where I was having trouble finding decent ones raw for a good price, and actually ended up getting the slabbed ones for less in the end by being patient and occasionally bidding low on what I was looking for.

RJO 1883-CC Morgan MS62.jpg

RJO 1902-S Morgan AU53.jpg

Very nice coins. I am sorry I made you get a slabed coin.:whistle: I think you have enough raw ones to fondle to satisfy your cravings and if it gets to much there is always the five o'clock NA meetings. 

I am slowly comming around to appreciate the TPG slabbed coins. But as Gollum would say if he was a collector ... "I like my coins raw and wiggly" and I'm often popping coins out of my easy-open holders to check them out.

Now where did I put that meeting schedule. 😉

On 8/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, J P M said:

Very nice coins. I am sorry I made you get a slabed coin.:whistle: I think you have enough raw ones to fondle to satisfy your cravings and if it gets to much there is always the five o'clock NA meetings. 

I can visualize EagloRJO rolling one of those raw Corrupted Collector Morgan's over his knuckles. Perish the thought!

On 8/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I can visualize EagloRJO rolling one of those raw Corrupted Collector Morgan's over his knuckles. Perish the thought!

I have actually gotten very good at this. :whistle:

[However, I do this with my raw Morgans, not the ones that have been acetone embalmed and locked in slab coffins like the above. I just can't seem to get the knack of flipping the plastic holders across my fingers. :grin:]

Edited by EagleRJO