• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you, would you? Buffalo Nickel
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I don't know much about nickels, but have you compared to the CoinFacts examples to get a better idea on grade and that it's legit.  Looks like more wear than the XF and the price seems too good to be true for a 1927-D 5C 3-Legged, even at a lower grade.

I thought you meant that you were working on buying the coin from a seller at a set price under $100. If its being bid how do you know it's a shot at under $100 as there is often a flurry of bids at the end?

Are you like the Great Carnac? 😉

Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

Coin #1 grades Fine by ANA standards.  The color appears "off", so it could be "cleaned", but it could be the lighting of the photo.  Based on the mint mark position and the raised lines and projections in the field between the Buffalo's belly and the ground, which are diagnostic for this die, it appears to be genuine; however, there is enough incentive to fake these that it would be preferable to purchase a certified specimen. 

As Fine 1937-D 3-legged Buffalo nickels list $550 in Fine in Coin World, it's most unlikely you could buy one for $100.  But, as once I heard Carnac say, "may the Bird of Paradise leave a relic in your shoe!"

On 8/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, J P M said:

I think it is Bills coin, and he is offering it out at under $100. That is my thought. 

JPM I passed on this one, too much risk. Thank you