• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do when your graded coins from NGC are lost by Fed EX

43 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, VKurtB said:

.... (Unless I’m already sitting on the front porch.).... 

[Did I hear someone say, porch?  There it is!  Exactly what I had envisioned!  Now go and hang up that red shingle!]  :roflmao:

I do not recall which of the ground delivery services this is applicable to, but there on the shipping label, was a space providing my correct, cell number. For reasons I will never know, my package was treated like a particle in a cyclotron bouncing between three different offices--my address, East inexplicably changed to West, with a zip code to match--a matter which could have been easily resolved with a single phone call.

I would not begrudge NGC for their choice of shipper and a delivery result they ultimately had no control over.

On 9/3/2022 at 8:11 PM, zadok said:

the NGC rep at the ANA in chicago told me the same thing...reason , the excessive delay times n slow delivery on USPS registered mail was the reason...

So they are going to exchange a much higher lost package rate for faster delivery..  Personally I'd rather have the slower speed and be sure they would arrive eventually..

On 9/27/2022 at 8:55 AM, Conder101 said:

So they are going to exchange a much higher lost package rate for faster delivery..  Personally I'd rather have the slower speed and be sure they would arrive eventually..

...the additional problem with both they r reluctant to reimburse for full value on coins n on gold specifically demanding full receipts of purchase n recent documentation of retail value n even then they try to fight it n say the coins r bullion n not covered....

On 9/27/2022 at 8:55 AM, Conder101 said:

...personally on high dollar value shipments im using courier service now....

Re:  In the wake of the Hunt bros. attempt to corner the silver market c.1980...

🐓:  But silver is twice what it was when I mailed that package!

USPS:  You insured it for $2400.

🐓:  Is it my fault you took so long to deliver it--and wound up losing it? I respectfully demand $4850!

USPS:  You're not getting a dime over $2400.

🐓:  [ I told you Q., if it absolutely, positively has to get there...]

Q.A.:  Objection noted.  No need to rub it in.