• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Half Dollar Coin Holders
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a few raw half dollars that I want to put in easy-open holders/slabs for protection, similar to the attached.  But I am having some trouble finding any for mid to late 1800s which are 30.6mm in diameter.  Coin size goes from 30mm to 31mm with no apparent half size.  Any suggestions where I can get slabs that are sized for those 30.5mm coins?

P.S. They don't need to be multi-tang edge view like the attached, and could be the older style full circle gasket type as long as they are a white color or clear and sized for a 30.5mm coin.

PCCB Slab Style Coin Holder.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

The first two have the black holders which I don't like, and the last is the PCCB slabs I posted above which I do use.  There are better prices than that, and I can usually find them for about $20 for a 10-pack w/ shipping.  PCCB and Ursae Minoris are similar, but neither brand has the in-between size of 30.5mm.

For a half size coin (e.g. mid to late 1800's half dollars at 30.6mm), I have found that you sometimes have to force the coin in the smaller coin holder (e.g. 30mm coin holder) and for the larger size coin holder (e.g. 31mm coin holder) it is a little loose and you can end up with something like the old PCGS OGH "rattlers".

Thats why I was looking for a coin holder like the pic I posted that can be ordered for a 30.5mm coin.

Edited by EagleRJO