• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dan Car Coins
2 2

23 posts in this topic

Some recent additions to my "Potty Dollar" collection with some replica coins by Dan Carr of Moonlight Mint.  He does some amazing coins which are really stunning when you hold them in your hand under a light.  I should send them into ANACS for grading/authentication which I understand they do for these coins.  Then again, I think they will authenticate/grade just about anything. :insane:

Dan Carr 1964-D Morgan Dollar Token - Slab.jpg

Dan Carr 1965-D Peace Dollar Token - Slab.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

On 8/15/2022 at 6:31 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

They look fine just how they are, I'd leave them. Congrats on the newps! (thumbsu

Thanks.  There would really be no reason to have them authenticated/graded because they are staying in my collection.  So, I was just kidding about having a TPG embalm them with acetone and then seal them in slab coffins. :grin:

P.S. I also just added a 2022-S Proof ASE to the collection.  I really like the way those coins look.

[The only issue is the capsules are of a poorer quality compared to prior years and the coins now come in a really cheap looking dollar store type box and  glued fell plastic insert.]

2022-S Proof ASE Capsule.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

Yup, all the ones I have are staying in the OGP. But it's really a shame the mint started going on the cheap starting this year with the really cheesy felt glued plastic holders for the capsules, instead on the nice velvet spring boxes which I really liked.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, RWB said:

So, now you're buying counterfeit coins? Sad.

Hopefully you mean the Moonlight Mint coins and not the Proof ASE from the US Mint. :insane:

And I hope that the Moonlight Mint coins and any Potty Dollars are the only "counterfeit" coins in my collection as I do buy a lot of raw coins and even TPG slabs are being knocked off. Buyer beware!

Edited by EagleRJO

I just got a NGC Mail on the Stack's Bowers site there is a auction going on for the last ASE it is up to $11.000 ?

Here's my counterfeit.   It's probably only a matter of time before the Secret Service is at my door!  😂  🤣

S20520520_001.jpg

S20820520_001.jpg

Edited by tj96

On 8/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, tj96 said:

Here's my counterfeit.   It's probably only a matter of time before the Secret Service is at me door!  😂  🤣

S20520520_001.jpg

S20820520_001.jpg

I think you are safe. That was the prototype from the year before. 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, tj96 said:

Here's my counterfeit.   It's probably only a matter of time before the Secret Service is at my door!  😂  🤣

On 8/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I think you are safe. That was the prototype from the year before. 

@tj96 That was a close call! You almost subjected yourself to heavily geared treasury agents wielding full-auto HK416s roping in at 2 am to confiscate your potentially forged legal tender coin. :insane:

On 8/15/2022 at 6:27 PM, EagleRJO said:

@tj96 That was a close call! You almost subjected yourself to heavily geared treasury agents wielding full-auto HK416s roping in at 2 am to confiscate your potentially forged legal tender coin. :insane:

Do you think I should report this coin to my probation officer??  😂  🤣

On 8/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, ldhair said:

I would give my opinion but some can't deal with it and have to get nasty and insulting. 

Go for it!

I also like trade dollars, (particularly ones with chop marks), so this might be the next addition to my "Potty Dollar" collection.

1877-S 'Potty' Trade Dollar - Mike Kittle.jpg

On 8/15/2022 at 6:27 PM, EagleRJO said:

Here's a real genuine counterfeit they can come a get, if they can get past my CZ.  :bigsmile:  😂

1748208649_IMG_3253copy3.jpg.376ffc816951e11a0e2c55e4871f923b.jpg

On 10/17/2022 at 11:36 PM, tj96 said:

Here's a real genuine counterfeit they can come a get, if they can get past my CZ.  :bigsmile:  😂

I like the "coin".  I like Henning nickels, and think they are super cool. That one looks to be in very nice shape (there is no such thing as a fully-struck, MS example).  You did leave off the reverse (and that's the most fun part).

Note:  I would advise you that if any FBI/Secret Service agent comes for the Henning... put the CZ down and hand the coin over... it will just make it easier. :grin:

On 10/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I like the "coin".  I like Henning nickels, and think they are super cool. That one looks to be in very nice shape (there is no such thing as a fully-struck, MS example).  You did leave off the reverse (and that's the most fun part).

Note:  I would advise you that if any FBI/Secret Service agent comes for the Henning... put the CZ down and hand the coin over... it will just make it easier. :grin:

Stby, I'll get a picture of the reverse.

P.S. Putting down the CZ and hanging over the coin will never happen...........someone will die!!  😂  🤣

On 10/17/2022 at 11:36 PM, tj96 said:

Def worth getting out the CZ so that they will have to pry that counterfeit 5C from your cold dead hands. :insane: :whistle:[not]