• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Ranked Franklin Proof Set(s)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Have the 11th ranked NGC Franklin Proof set (non cam), 102nd ranked (w/cams) and and 23rd (w/varieties).  Find myself in a divorce situation.  Any suggestions on where I could sell these, as a set, and actually realize their real value, without breaking them up (its a great set)?  From 55 to 63 have all PF 69's, save for the 56 T1.  Advice would be appreciated and TY in advance!     

Your challenge to the group is a tough one.  To get the most value, you would be selling to a collector.  However, collectors rarely buy a whole collection in one shot.  It's the building and hand-picking coins that meet their definition of "great" that drives them.

A dealer would buy the whole collection, but at a wholesale cost.

You could try to auction them as a lot with a reserve to protect your bottom line.  Again, not sure how fast this would turn at close-to-retail pricing.

I do wish you luck!:wishluck:

TNN,

Appreciate the response and great suggestion about the reserve.  Would much rather "build" on the collection than let it go but ..that may not be possible.  So close; goal was to have all quality/eye appeal PF 69's from '53 to 63, with a few top pops (star or plus coins).  For 50-52, would have been happy w/66's.  Thank you again and best!  

Brian