• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 Lincoln Cent FS-01-1984-102(038) Grade and/or Value please? Also it's my BIRTHDAY
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hey Fellers! Wuz up?! So you say it's my Birthday?! Yes, it's my Birthday today, Yeah! Whoop! Whoop! Currently serving a 30 day sentence on FB but I don't post Coins there anymore anyways. Only here. I answer questions there is all anymore.

Anyways, did I mention it's my Birthday? It is. It is. I swear it. 10:05a.m. July 30, 1969 @DeWitt ARMY Hospital Ft. Belvoir, VA Look me up. I was there. Made a grand entrance feet first and fighting all the way, I did. Now you all know I been difficult since the day I was born. TeeHee! 

Ok. Down to bitness then... This is my 1984 Lincoln Cent FS-01-1984-102(038) w/all the Markers that I currently have for sale at My Little Dot of the Bay for $25. I think it's a pretty good/great example and while it does have a lot of Die Abrasion all over, otherwise it's in ok condition with a nice strong Strike. So tonight I'm browsing and am seeing that there are others listed and sold that may be Red but also have terrible Strikes and black spots, etc and they are listed and selling for way more than my $25 asking price. Even up to $99! Why? Thanks. I love you guys and I mean it!!! 

Screenshot_20220730-050022.png

Screenshot_20220730-050035.png

Screenshot_20220730-050047.png

Happy birthday Karen. It sure looks like a 102. I never save those myself they are cool in my book but not a eye catcher for the common man. You need magnification to see what we see. I am always looking for the 101 Double ear. but if you can get $25 for it more power to you.

Happy birthday!!   As to the coin, well it looks like a lightly circulated example.   I don't collect varieties myself but generally speaking in order for a variety to have much value it needs to be included in the registry sets that include varieties.   This one, while cool to view under magnification, is a very minor variety and will only appeal to a very tiny segment of the collector base, most of whom would rather find one themself rather than pay for one.    Personally, I would put the value at $.50 at best, however I have no doubt that there are unknowledgeable buyers who are overpaying for coins like this.

@FrankDude, I hear ya on that note for sure. I am in awe of what sells and the photos that were posted in the listings. I've come to think that maybe the sellers are just well known and trusted or something. Only thing I can figure. Smh. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:41 AM, ronnie stein said:

Happy Birthday Karen! 1969 was a great era to be born, and 43 is a wonderful age in life as well. Hang around a little more often. Have a wonderful day!

Well, I'll throw in my belated Happy B'day wishes too Karen!!!  Now..... Ronnie my friend..... I know you and I are both getting older, correct me if I'm wrong because I was never very good in math to begin with....., but wouldn't Karen be 53? I'm really concerned that all the meds (legal that is) have affected my cognitive abilities to count, pal......😂

Edited by GBrad

GBrad,, you are correct on the math. You need to know, that after 40 years old you should always deduct 10 years from the age of a lady. My mother taught me that one. My neighbor likes to do just the opposite with men. He'll ask "Were you in the 'police action' Korean war"? Knowing full well they were born in the late 50's, he likes to see their expression. 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:03 PM, ronnie stein said:

GBrad,, you are correct on the math. You need to know, that after 40 years old you should always deduct 10 years from the age of a lady. My mother taught me that one. My neighbor likes to do just the opposite with men. He'll ask "Were you in the 'police action' Korean war"? Knowing full well they were born in the late 50's, he likes to see their expression. 

GOOD GRIEF MAN!!!! Where are my manners!!! I’m a southern boy and I completely dropped the ball on that one. I know better!! You are correct. 43, more like 33, it is!!👍