• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five full steps?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, MatthewDM11 said:

It is still in the mint set I got at an estate auction. I bought the set just for this coin 😂

CFBB65C5-AE1F-4BE1-9007-0107904B75FB.jpeg

8781C3AD-6DFC-4A73-85AC-E1A15C0EF0D1.jpeg

Nice looking piece.

Clear and convincing evidence. And I didn't even have to resort to using my prohibited 30-power loupe!  That giant "S" beckons to all.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:26 AM, MatthewDM11 said:

I have been trying to find a 1945s FS for a while. This one obviously doesn’t have 6 full steps but it looks like it has 5. What are your thoughts?

EA3F93E9-F44F-4DB1-833B-8AED43ED014B.jpeg

861F8134-E2C2-44B7-AA70-BB6A31359BFF.jpeg

4CD59EF3-91C7-4058-B8B5-93780A22FF2E.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this coin with us. I haven't seen this coin in my entire life. I am glad I found your post. I am a school student and I am searching for information online related to edubirdie legal and while searching for it online, I am glad I found your post.

I like it, I haven't seen it before.

Edited by CherylGross

I would not accept that as five full steps. 

I admit that I am fussy when calling full steps, they must be clear with no bridges, dings, or fades. 

Your coin looks to have a bridge under the second column from the left.

It is a nicecoin, just not full steps

The problem as I see it is, not being a collector of the series with full access to the finest photographs taken of the best examples available, I have no point of reference. There are undoubtedly members intimately familiar with the series who have formally authenticated, certified, and granted this uncommon attribute on a number of occasions. My opinion is of no moment. Frankly, I would like to hear from a few more members--or trust my lying eyes...