• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wittnauer Presidential Set 1972
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a complete set of 36 sterling silver presidential medallions. Each weighs around 37 grams. On the edge it reads Wittnauer Sterling c 896. On the printed sheets of each president it has the name American Bank Note Company. The series starts with Washington and ends with Nixon. I cant find any information about this set online. Would anyone know the history, mint,  place of origin, etc. Thank you

0A7B3475-F9E0-4968-94A6-E8259017BDFC.jpeg

912BC685-82CE-4B67-90CE-7A751BE6B4C6.jpeg

On 7/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Coinbuf said:

I have not seen these before, but I would guess this might have been a Franklin Mint product

Too ugly to be FM -

Look up "Wittnauer Mint Presidential Medals and Engravings" in your browser's search engine. They were made and sold to dupes in sterling silver, gold plated silver, pressed chewing tobacco spit (nope), and other junk. The engravings were swiped from BEP. They are worth melt value.

Edited by RWB

The ABNC engravings are great but the paper is damaged, too bad. I'd pop the medals out and get what you can for them, melt or slightly above, and keep the engravings as they are enjoyable but don't necessarily add any value. 

Did ABNC even look at the medal design [barf] before agreeing to collaborate with Wittnauer?