• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction thread?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Should I introduce myself somewhere, apart from profile details?

is there a discussion about how to write descriptions of coins to sell; dos, don’ts?

Is there a thread to discuss, whine, diss, laugh at written descriptions of coins for sale?

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Welcome, Ray Tatum.

While there are others who use the forums more than I and will likely chime in with additional advice, as an employee of NGC I'll try to get you started.

The first rule is to play nicely. The members here will quickly lose patience with trolls or anyone who is argumentative or abusive. Ask your questions or post an image or two, and you'll find that there are many knowledge, experienced folks who are quick to answer honestly and with enthusiasm. This is generally a happy, welcoming message board.

There's a Marketplace Forum specifically for selling and trading. There's also a Water Cooler forum for non-numismatic topics where members can just trade stories, gossip, etc.

I suggest you start out by reading a number of existing messages to see how they progress. You'll soon get an idea of the give and take that makes for successful, welcome discussions.

Welcome to the forum!  There are no rules on doing an introduction, However, we would be happy to read about your story and see some of the coins you collect.   So if you want to feel free to start an introduction thread, you will get the most views and engagement if you post it in the newbie or US/world coin sections of the forum.   In the newbie section there is a pinned thread with tips on what/how to post questions if or when you have any, those tips are good guidelines for posting in any section of the forum.

This is a very good forum with many knowledgeable collectors that are willing to help and share their knowledge, however this forum has a somewhat small number of members that participate on a regular basis, so don't be surprised if you do not see activity on threads quickly.