• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with customs and MID

2 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I hope you all are having an awesome day :)

I have been having a problem with with US customs and was hoping someone can assists me to understand what am I missing. so basically in the next section I will explain in general the issue I have been having keep in mind I am shipping my coins from UAE (Dubai) to USA (Memphis).

So basically Every time I send my submission from the UAE by Fedex  to NGC . Memphis, FL  customs hold my coins the and request additional information (MID) ( Manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID) for each commodity required.Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID), I don't really understand where to obtain the MID and no one is providing e with sufficient information to be able to move forward. Usually my shipment ( Submission ) includes the invoice with all the details about each coin ( country, date , weight, metal … )  and sent through Fedex.

Should I add manufacturer identification code ( MID ) to the invoice ? how to know the (MID) for coins ?  I need to know the right way to send my Submission to NGC.

Appreciate your help on this
Thanks