• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help please

4 posts in this topic

Is there anyone can help me out I have a 1968 s penny ,1969 s penny,1970 s penny and a 71 s I'm trying to sell these coins and I have no idea how. I've paid for memberships as well as getting the run around. I don't wanna get lowballed nor am I trying to get over on anyone. If anyone knows someone who interested I have pictures and more thanks for reading 

Welcome to the forum, posts to sell coins should be in the coin marketplace section of the forum.   Each of the coins you listed are worth $1 or so each on a full retail site like Ebay, although it is possible to see some rip off artists who are looking to gouge people with outrageous prices on sites like etsy, facebook, and other social media sites.   Unless these are in exceptional condition, and graded high by a reputable TPG like NGC, it will cost you more to ship them than anyone here would pay for them.   My suggestion is to spend them or save them to hand down to family members at some time in the future.

Welcome to the forum.

I am curious to know what you think (or have been led to believe) that these coins might be worth, and why. These are quite common, and, as Coinbuf said, not even worth the cost of shipping unless in very high grades.

There is a lot more to a coin's value than age and "shininess." And, if you are getting your information off youtube, I suggest you stop trying to buy or sell until you have gotten all of that nonsense out of your head, and picked up some truth, either from books like the Redbook, (A Guide Book of United States Coins, by R.S Yeoman) or other sources of legitimate coin info. In addition, we are happy to help you learn, if you are willing.

Edit:  I forgot about the 1970s small date. If you have one of those in really good shape, you might could get 10 bucks for it.

Edited by Just Bob

On 6/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, Curtisjohn255 said:

I don't wanna get lowballed nor am I trying to get over on anyone. 

Like others have said, unless your coins are virtually perfect (under 7x magnification), they are not valuable enough to sell. As @Coinbuf said, it would be a nice little start to a Whitman folder for you or a family member.