• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I have seen it all...... Appauling...

14 posts in this topic

I am not sure how I feel about this auction... Look but I will say that using the pope as means to try and lure a sucker in is just wrong... I hope nobody bids due to the story... I am not buying it all..

I'd tell you how I feel about it, but I'd probably be banned for extremely bad language.

Let's see:

Winston Churchill gave the penny to Pope John Paul II in 1943 when His Holiness was just 23 years of age.

I wonder where they met? During the German occupation of Poland, Karol Jozef Wojtyla was forced to work in a quarry near Krakow from 1940-1944. Do you think the Germans gave him travel papers so he could visit his old friend in London or, did Hitler invite Churchill to Poland?

The question arises, "Why would Churchill give him a U.S. cent?" Officially, we weren't in the war at the time. Why didn't Churchill give him a British penny?

How is it that the Pope gave this jerk the penny two years ago? Even then, His Holiness was seriously ill. How did he get an audience with him?

This guy is just another scumbag full of lies. I hope enough people file compaints with eBay to have him deported to some disease-infested, deserted island (preferably near Antarctica) where he can spend the rest of his life in solitude with a broken laptop.

Chris

I'd tell you how I feel about it, but I'd probably be banned for extremely bad language.

Let's see:

Winston Churchill gave the penny to Pope John Paul II in 1943 when His Holiness was just 23 years of age.

I wonder where they met? During the German occupation of Poland, Karol Jozef Wojtyla was forced to work in a quarry near Krakow from 1940-1944. Do you think the Germans gave him travel papers so he could visit his old friend in London or, did Hitler invite Churchill to Poland?

The question arises, "Why would Churchill give him a U.S. cent?" Officially, we weren't in the war at the time. Why didn't Churchill give him a British penny?

How is it that the Pope gave this jerk the penny two years ago? Even then, His Holiness was seriously ill. How did he get an audience with him?

This guy is just another scumbag full of lies. I hope enough people file compaints with eBay to have him deported to some disease-infested, deserted island (preferably near Antarctica) where he can spend the rest of his life in solitude with a broken laptop.

Chris

Did I miss a Winston Churchill reference? I see Eisenhower... but Churchill? Still terrible either way....

Wow. I am speechless. I thought I saw it all with the toast that had the Virgin Mary on it or the Hot Pocket with Lucifer's face on it.

If anything the seller name Amazing_Deals_911 with 0 feedback would be the first of many suspicious things in that auction. Take a look at his other auctions, rims. So closely related and all. foreheadslap.gif

I think it is funny, but I'm assuming that the seller is just having some fun and mocking all the people selling stuff with BS stories.

Bruce, you're right and I'm a doddering fool. I was just reading some WWII info about Churchill and I mixed the two thoughts.

Still, I doubt seriously that FDR would have been permitted to visit Krakow, and I also doubt that the Germans gave vacation leave to the slave labor.

Chris

I think it is funny, but I'm assuming that the seller is just having some fun and mocking all the people selling stuff with BS stories.

Gotta agree, some people just get way too uptight about things.

Of course, the fact that he wants twenty thousand smackers for that thing is equally as funny.

Then again, if the story is true, I guess the Pope's blessings are a bargain at that price. Assuming you're a Catholic, of course.

I for one don't care what people use to try and sell coins I guess if you are dumb enough to bid on it is your own fault....

I do not believe that FDR ever met Pope John Paul. Particularly since FDR died in 1945, while Poland was under Stalin's Army of Occupation.

This all reads like some French Canadian's attempt to defraud a potential buyer with a worn 1943 cent worth about a cent.

I can sum that up in three words: marketing, marketing, marketing!

It's a story as old as time. Get a mediocre product, attach an interesting story and PRESTO! , you have a product selling for multiples of its value.