• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's been quiet around here lately...

15 posts in this topic

Anyone know what happend to Midwestcoin13?There goes half of the posts on the boards right there...

Also some people say that they don't bother to come over here often because of the lack of threads,so why don't certain members get off there tushes and do more then just reply to threads(ouch-hypocrite).Better a wacky thread then no thread at all...

-Hayden

yay.gif

Hayden, maybe some of them are trying to figure out the latest "toys" that Arch added. It may also be possible that they are watching for the mail carrier to bring them their subscriptions for the satin sets. Perhaps many were caught up in the "drama" of the latest police chase on TV. Do you think some are watching Michael Jackson's trial?

In any event, they haven't missed much today. This site has been really sluggish.

While I'm in a sign-rantpost.gifing mood, the Post Office really irritated me today. I have a package that I need to send by registered mail, but they won't accept it unless I seal every joint with water-based adhesive packing tape. They won't accept the package with self-adhesive tape, but they don't sell the water-based kind either. I checked at Office Max, Staples, Office Depot and 8 "pack and ships"............none of them have the tape that the USPS requires. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Chris

Is it an envelope?If it's the kind that you lick or stick,the PO will put the tape on themselves.If it's a box however I don't know what to tell you,did you ask the PO clerk were you might be able to get some?

They won't accept the package with self-adhesive tape, but they don't sell the water-based kind either. I checked at Office Max, Staples, Office Depot and 8 "pack and ships"............none of them have the tape that the USPS requires. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Are you sure those stores don't have it? I've purchased it from Office Depot & Staples on several occasions.

Anyone know what happend to Midwestcoin13?There goes half of the posts on the boards right there...

Also some people say that they don't bother to come over here often because of the lack of threads,so why don't certain members get off there tushes and do more then just reply to threads(ouch-hypocrite).Better a wacky thread then no thread at all...

-Hayden

yay.gif

Midwestcoin13 was banned. When you post on this forum, you get a straight answer by very knowledgeable collectors/dealers. When you post on other forums, you get a bunch of weird information, often wrong, and many opinions. There is some good information out there, but you have to read through a bunch of poop before you get to the answer. A great example is the NGC foreign forum, good people, good answers, not many goofy posts.

TRUTH

In a way, I will miss Midwestcoin13. Many times I asked myself why somebody did not shut him up? And I guess they finally did. He did take his comments "overboard"---way overboard at times. But a little fire every once in awhile does keep the blood flowing. Anyway, I have had a few points on my mind lately. And I am almost ready to ask a couple more questions. To me they are serious Philosophical questions---which require a serious answer. It may spark some interest on the boards----it may not. But I have always been "a thinker" and I do wonder "why" an awful lot. I am waiting for something before I pose my questions---or I would do it now. So stay tuned. Maybe I can help perk the place up for a few hours anyway. Bob [supertooth]

OK Hayden - you are right. I've been participating on the boards now for the better part of a month without any original threads. I'll start getting some posts out there. Heck - the 13 and 19 year olds are putting me to shame....

Well I am right here so I don't know why your are asking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You should check the strike board more often 893whatthe.gif

The amazing thing is you are right about that. You old folks need to get up and start posting poke2.gifstooges.gif

Well I am right here so I don't know why your are asking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif You should check the strike board more often 893whatthe.gif

The amazing thing is you are right about that. You old folks need to get up and start posting poke2.gifstooges.gif

I already told you I hardly ever stray out of the Numismatic boards.

As for your last quote,I'm sure things could be done to make them post more.Blackmailing anyone? devil.gif

As for your last quote,I'm sure things could be done to make them post more.Blackmailing anyone? devil.gif

I have a pic of Victor and his dog dancing I could donate to this important project 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a pic of Victor and his dog dancing I could donate to this important project 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In Las Vegas too! 893whatthe.gif

Was Victor or the dog wearing the,er, outfit? 27_laughing.gif