• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957-D wheat penny

10 posts in this topic

I see an out of focus photo of a portion of a Lincoln cent, 1957-D according to the title but cannot confirm as the date is not showing; that may have some strike/mechanical doubling.   Perhaps with some additional information about what you think you see and some sharp in focus full coin photos of both the obv and rev we may be able to help you.

Can you tell us what you see that cause you to post a photo? Can you post a sharp photo?

I think the OP is looking at slight irregularities of alignment in the motto. I'm not sure whether they mean anything--one notices that they are unlikely to be perceived without strong magnification--but that's my guess what this is about.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, JKK said:

I think the OP is looking at slight irregularities of alignment in the motto. I'm not sure whether they mean anything--one notices that they are unlikely to be perceived without strong magnification--but that's my guess what this is about.

Look at literally EVERY 1957 cent and you’ll see the same thing. Other dates too. 

On 3/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, VKurtB said:

Look at literally EVERY 1957 cent and you’ll see the same thing. Other dates too. 

I fully realize that. I'm simply pointing out what I think the OP is looking at, since that seems elusive here.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, JKK said:

I fully realize that. I'm simply pointing out what I think the OP is looking at, since that seems elusive here.

The challenge is to every newbie. Try to find a cent of this era where it does NOT appear that “IN GOD W” is part of one arc and “E TRUST” is part of a completely different one.