• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 P Benjamin Franklin Half Dollar
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone thin this is a true "Bugs Bunny" error with Fully Separated Bell Lines. Seller stated :

1955-p Franklin Half. Error. "Bugs Bunny" 100% FSHBLs. BU 

IMG-4157.jpg

IMG-4156.jpg

IMG-4159.jpg

IMG-4158.jpg

One more view. Can someone else ring in on this. I can return it if it doesn't seem like the real thing.

Thanks

Bill

IMG-4160.jpg

IMG-4155.jpg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
typo

This does not look remote simalar to the one i have.  the "Buggs Bunny" effect came from die clash that causes a buck tooth look to the front of bens mouth

Not a "Buggs Bunny" variety for sure, and while perhaps technically a BU it's a low end BU or AU slider.   There was a good discussion on the PCGS forum about UNC vs AU grading for the Franklin series just yesterday, I have included a link to that thread as it might be of interest to you @Mr.Bill347.

UNC or AU

The seller is either dumb enough or dishonest enough to call it a Bugs Bunny when it is manifestly not. Therefore, he's dumb or dishonest enough to pretend it's FBL. And of course he imagines it's uncirculated. Why doesn't he also advertise it as a cure for cancer and scabies? This seller belongs on one's personal blacklist (everyone needs one of those).

On 3/3/2022 at 12:59 PM, Coinbuf said:

Not a "Buggs Bunny" variety for sure, and while perhaps technically a BU it's a low end BU or AU slider.   There was a good discussion on the PCGS forum about UNC vs AU grading for the Franklin series just yesterday, I have included a link to that thread as it might be of interest to you @Mr.Bill347.

UNC or AU

On 3/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, JKK said:

The seller is either dumb enough or dishonest enough to call it a Bugs Bunny when it is manifestly not. Therefore, he's dumb or dishonest enough to pretend it's FBL. And of course he imagines it's uncirculated. Why doesn't he also advertise it as a cure for cancer and scabies? This seller belongs on one's personal blacklist (everyone needs one of those).

Thank You both! Like the article states, Franklins are very difficult to judge by pictures.., You guys saved me $30. Im going to try to find a graded example.

More then once, I've asked the sellers on eBay and other selling sites for better pictures of the exact area on the coins I'm interested in seeing.  Most usually comply. When they do, they usually send me the pictures thru the PM system.  Which means other buyers don't see them and the advantage goes to me. 

If not, I move on. 

Edited by tj96