• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of 1982 D small date copper on eBay😂

8 posts in this topic

I checked out eBay for a 1982 D small date copper just for kicks and hoping maybe 1 of the only 2 known to man would be up for sale lol. I’ve come across quite a few sellers who either don’t know what they’re talking about or trying to scam someone. Obviously it’s up to the buyer to know what they are buying. It’s just crazy some of these sellers would even waste their time pulling such a thing. The ones I think are fooled themselves are the one’s asking for a grand or more. Then there’s the one’s asking $50🙄 Like both are very cheap for a penny as rare as this lol.

As long as they are not misrepresenting the coin and asking over $2500.00 for a raw coin, a seller can ask what he wants.     There has to be a certain amount of responsibility on the buyer to do his homework and know what he is bidding on.               At least eBay has some restrictions, right now on Etsy, there are three with a asking price over $50,000 each.

I have a $100 note that says every one of them is wrong / fraudulent. More fraudulent than merely wrong. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 3/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, Greenstang said:

As long as they are not misrepresenting the coin and asking over $2500.00 for a raw coin, a seller can ask what he wants.     There has to be a certain amount of responsibility on the buyer to do his homework and know what he is bidding on.               At least eBay has some restrictions, right now on Etsy, there are three with a asking price over $50,000 each.

Yeah Etsy is a sketchy website to be buying coins. The sad part is is most the sellers on there really believe their common error coins are worth thousands. I stopped even going to that website and I only went to it just to laugh at some of them😂

On 3/2/2022 at 3:03 PM, VKurtB said:

I have a $100 note that says every one of them is wrong / fraudulent. More fraudulent than merely wrong. 

If any of them were real I’m sure it would be news by now that a third or even multiples have been found and up for auction on eBay of wherever. I search all mine and I’ll even Google it every once in while in case I missed the news and nope it’s still been 2 for the past two of three years now.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:47 PM, VKurtB said:

If they’re merely wrong, then they’re epically s-t-u-p-i-d on a planetary scale. Otherwise, they’re just plain evil. 

I believe they’re both lol. Especially the ones selling rolls. Every one of them claim they are unsearched rolls yet they are capped with Indian heads. I even seen someone selling rolls of wheat pennies. Claims they are unsearched straight from the bank. It’s stamped “Bank of America”. The problem with that is is Bank of America has only been around for 25 years. You have to ask how a bank that’s only been around since the 90’s has gotten ahold of nothing but wheat pennies to roll up? If it said “Wells Fargo” a bank that’s been around for 175 years. Then maybe there’s a slight chance they’ve had it tucked away in a vault somewhere and someone got a hold of the 20 or 30 years ago and held on to them. I think if they were honest sellers they’d know enough to stay away from selling coin rolls. Or at least stop claiming they’ve been unsearched and or from an estate. Wether it’s by them or someone else they’ve been searched. 

This is crazy. I guess you can’t blame the sellers if someone going to fork out a few hundred for a penny. Although they’re misleading in some ways they can always play dumb. Even a 1982 D small date zinc and the seller showing it ways 2.6 someone still shelled out $150 for. I think I found my new calling🤣jk 

B35DF6A2-63C8-4D5D-A15D-DCDC7642EEDD.png

60644DAA-F04F-4306-8B1E-C688369D7295.png

635D0213-F67C-481E-A99D-ED97B3241D44.png

3808CEEB-194C-4A34-9B03-CCD5BB5EA15B.png

E0E98A33-8A83-4A6F-8003-5F1498ABD7C7.png