• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979-D Susan B Anthony dollar error
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I couldn't help but notice that the right point of the star is touching a feather, and the top point of the star is touching a feather. I was just bored today thought I would go through a couple of rolls of dollars. I've been trying to compare with others and also searching to find this error but no luck. Would like to here other thoughts on this thanks. 

20220204_192920.jpg

20220204_190101.jpg

20220204_193222.jpg

Hi Joe!

Well, I looked at some photos of different SBA dollars and while the star is very close to the wing on all of them, it doesn't quite touch the way it does on yours.  I'm thinking it may be a small die break or a die chip that's causing what you're seeing.  However, I am far from certain of my diagnosis and will gladly defer to those who know more than I on this subject.

~Tom

On 2/4/2022 at 8:32 PM, Mohawk said:

Hi Joe!

Well, I looked at some photos of different SBA dollars and while the star is very close to the wing on all of them, it doesn't quite touch the way it does on yours.  I'm thinking it may be a small die break or a die chip that's causing what you're seeing.  However, I am far from certain of my diagnosis and will gladly defer to those who know more than I on this subject.

~Tom

Thanks Tom, it looked pretty close than usual, thought it would be a interesting coin for everyone to see. Really I'm looking for the varietys but I'm always checking out the whole coin.:bigsmile:

I'm kinda with @VKurtB on this.  I'm more into the varieties you can actually see with the naked eye.  I would keep an eye out for one of these in MS with a wide rim.