• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

25 cents 1988 p

22 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, Jovany Rodríguez said:

¿Es de valor?

IMG_20220202_073618156.jpg

IMG_20220202_073536755.jpg

No lo siento. Es solo un barrio común a menos que me esté perdiendo algo especial.
¿Qué te hace pensar que sería valioso?

On 2/2/2022 at 10:06 PM, JKK said:

I'm reminded of when our Finnish exchange student said to my mother, "Oh. I have sex for money." My mother is a religious fanatic, and you can imagine her reaction. Finally the family language junkie, who had analyzed her accent patterns, held up a checkbook. "Checks, right?" "Yes. Sex." Then we told her what she'd been saying. She immediately colored like a second-degree sunburn.

Oh man, that's just AMAZING!! That poor exchange student.....I can't even imagine what a religious fanatic would say to that.  Oh, to have been a fly on the wall that day at your house.....lol

On 2/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, Mohawk said:

Oh man, that's just AMAZING!! That poor exchange student.....I can't even imagine what a religious fanatic would say to that.  Oh, to have been a fly on the wall that day at your house.....lol

Funnier: it was in the car and my mother was driving. She had been mother-henning Paula about having enough money to go shopping. Her response was her head on a swivel and asking: "You do WHAT?" She then went into a splutter about not knowing how they did things in Finland (like most religious fanatics, my mother is deeply ignorant; one of her first questions to Paula was whether Finns were related to Russians...good lord), but that they needed to have a talk before Paula went anywhere. No idea what would have happened if I hadn't been riding along in back, having realized early on that Finnish native speakers have terrible trouble with our consonant blends and some other sounds. For example, Paula would say she spoke Feeneess, Svediss, Zerman, and Engleess. She called me "Zahn," as close as she could get to "John." So I was able to disassemble the problem without too much delay, cackling as I did so.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, JKK said:

Funnier: it was in the car and my mother was driving. She had been mother-henning Paula about having enough money to go shopping. Her response was her head on a swivel and asking: "You do WHAT?" She then went into a splutter about not knowing how they did things in Finland (like most religious fanatics, my mother is deeply ignorant; one of her first questions to Paula was whether Finns were related to Russians...good lord), but that they needed to have a talk before Paula went anywhere. No idea what would have happened if I hadn't been riding along in back, having realized early on that Finnish native speakers have terrible trouble with our consonant blends and some other sounds. For example, Paula would say she spoke Feeneess, Svediss, Zerman, and Engleess. She called me "Zahn," as close as she could get to "John." So I was able to disassemble the problem without too much delay, cackling as I did so.

Oh man.....poor Paula!! I'm so happy for her that you were there to help her out!  It must have been so cool to have someone from another country staying with you.....what an experience!!! And that Finns-Russians question your mom asked......that must have gone over great, given the history that the Finns have with the Russians :facepalm:.  

On 2/3/2022 at 10:50 AM, Mohawk said:

Oh man.....poor Paula!! I'm so happy for her that you were there to help her out!  It must have been so cool to have someone from another country staying with you.....what an experience!!! And that Finns-Russians question your mom asked......that must have gone over great, given the history that the Finns have with the Russians :facepalm:.  

Hakkaa päälle. Yep, yet another chapter in the eighty-year history of pretentious ignorance. Despite two degrees.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:55 PM, JKK said:

Hakkaa päälle. Yep, yet another chapter in the eighty-year history of pretentious ignorance. Despite two degrees.

It never ceases to amaze me how some educated people can still manage to be so ignorant, but they certainly can, sadly.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:41 PM, JKK said:

Heh. You just said "Quarters anus 1964 silver..." I remember that in my first quarter college Spanish class. Our instructor was a Spaniard. "Cuantos años tienes, Margarita?" he asked a young woman. "Tengo veinte anos," she said, haltingly. "Please," said the TA, "not in here."

We don’t do no anus silver down here in ‘Bama. Sounds like some hippie commie stuff to we’uns. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:58 PM, VKurtB said:

We don’t do no anus silver down here in ‘Bama. Sounds like some hippie commie stuff to we’uns. 

Woods: "You are acclimating nicely."

Ahhhh....We have been "Deliveranced" then.

On 2/6/2022 at 2:02 PM, RWB said:

Woods: "You are acclimating nicely."

Ahhhh....We have been "Deliveranced" then.

I love my home state. It’s like anywhere if we are completely honest. Some pros, some cons. But to me the pros outweigh. I’ll take good, neighborly people over the alternative any day. Even if they may not be the most well spoken or perhaps have a penchant for a little meth here and there. Everywhere has them. 

And as a good friend of mine loves to say; The South doesn’t have a monopoly on rednecks. They exist everywhere to varying degrees. 

On 2/6/2022 at 6:04 PM, Woods020 said:

I love my home state. It’s like anywhere if we are completely honest. Some pros, some cons. But to me the pros outweigh. I’ll take good, neighborly people over the alternative any day. Even if they may not be the most well spoken or perhaps have a penchant for a little meth here and there. Everywhere has them. 

And as a good friend of mine loves to say; The South doesn’t have a monopoly on rednecks. They exist everywhere to varying degrees. 

These folks are just one turn of the wheel from a multiple rollover crash at all times. And they don’t seem to care. On the plus side, I never see a Prius.

My driving distance to a F.U.N show is 615 miles. My driving distance to Rosemont is 615 miles. My driving distance to ANA Pittsburgh (2023) is 615 miles. Anyone wanting to sell me an EV had better design one with enough range, and no one has. 

Edited by VKurtB