• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thought Of Mohawk When I Saw This
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi TJ!! 

What an amazing article!!! I really enjoyed reading that....it even mentioned my beloved DDR "Aluchips"!! But the whole article was very interesting and has me giving some thought to adding the BRD's pfennige to my collection at some point here, though that could get tricky to house as they are 16.5mm compared to the DDR's even 17mm.  I do have a couple of the BRD pfennige in proof sets....I have a 1974-J and 1980-J proof set from the BRD.  That 1949 brass pfennig is certainly something that is going on my radar....how cool would it be to find one of those!! 1949 is also my dad's birth year, so it'd be additionally special to me.  I'm so pleased that article made you think of me and I thank you greatly for sharing that with me and the whole community!

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, Mohawk said:

Hi TJ!! 

What an amazing article!!! I really enjoyed reading that....it even mentioned my beloved DDR "Aluchips"!! But the whole article was very interesting and has me giving some thought to adding the BRD's pfennige to my collection at some point here, though that could get tricky to house as they are 16.5mm compared to the DDR's even 17mm.  I do have a couple of the BRD pfennige in proof sets....I have a 1974-J and 1980-J proof set from the BRD.  That 1949 brass pfennig is certainly something that is going on my radar....how cool would it be to find one of those!! 1949 is also my dad's birth year, so it'd be additionally special to me.  I'm so pleased that article made you think of me and I thank you greatly for sharing that with me and the whole community!

Not a problem.  Glad to help.  If you know what you're looking for (and I don't), one might be able to Cherrypick one of those 49's off eBay

On 1/30/2022 at 7:45 PM, tj96 said:

Not a problem.  Glad to help.  If you know what you're looking for (and I don't), one might be able to Cherrypick one of those 49's off eBay

I'm going to add the 1949 pfennig coins to my eBay hunts for sure.  It's probably a variety that not many people are aware of, so I may actually have a shot at finding one.  I guess we'll see!