• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible Wexler Variation on 1019-P Roosevelt Dime
1 1

6 posts in this topic

It probably only wishful thinking But I was CRHing and found this 2019 P Roosevelt Dime, It seems to have many of the characteristics of the Wexler variation.

https://markedmoney.tech/tag/wexlers-coin-die-varieties/

Would you guys check this out for me? TIA First pic is the Wexler variation photo from the link above. The rest are of my dime.

S20201004_0027Wexler2019Roosevelt.jpg

IMG-3526.JPG

IMG-3531.jpg

IMG-3530.jpg

IMG-3527.JPG

IMG-3526.JPG

IMG-3529.JPG

Just common die breaks that add no value. Most dimes for the last few years are riddled with them.

Your resource you linked is the common click bate that is causing so much grief in collecting. They make up “rarities” and claim they are worth big money. I haven’t checked wexlers but I’m fairly certain this wouldn’t be listed. Please do yourself a favor and don’t believe everything you read or see on the internet about coins. It will lead you down a bad road. 

I checked the Wexler site for the 2019P and the photo in your OP is not there.   I have no idea of where you found that photo (I tend not to click on links for security reasons) but it did not come from the Wexler website listings that I can see.   In fact, the five that are listed on the Wexler site are all DDR's, there is no listing for a DDO which I'm assuming you are looking at as your photos are mostly of the obv.   And while a few do list some obv die chips as markers none are on the ear.

Edited by Coinbuf

The site owner of “markedmoney.tech” says:

“This website is a partnered associate and may contain affiliate links.  Full disclosure is found here. Certain links to products/services are affiliate links, and I receive a commission of sales. As an Amazon Associate and Ebay Partner, among others networks, I earn from qualifying purchases. Markedmoney.tech is a for-profit website, which means the site does earn an income. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.”

He writes a “blob” that touts a wide range of minute die differences, which he sells on ebay and elsewhere. His opinions are surrounded by photos of legitimate hobby books, possibly to imply authority for his comments. (Ken Potter’s “Strike it Rich With Pocket Change” is prominently displayed.)

What the owner does seems legal. Individuals can decide other aspects for themselves.