• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1c 1963/3 (They are out there)

3 posts in this topic

I see nothing unusual about this coin at all.  It's just a regular 1963 cent.  Robert......none of these coins you've posted have been anything close to what you've thought they are.  They've all been completely normal coins with no indications of anything unusual at all.  I think you're experiencing pareidolia.  Pareidolia is the same thing which makes people see shapes in clouds, so basically seeing things that are not there.  Hoopster posted a couple of websites up for you to look at.  I'd suggest that you do so and spend some time with them.  Those sites will show you what actual errors and varieties look like and how to spot them.  Researching them will also show you why the coins you've posted up so far have been nothing special.  If you're interested in coin collecting and hunting errors and varieties, those sites are going to be good resources for you.  I'm also going to add another for you to check out:

https://www.error-ref.com/

Edited by Mohawk