• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saratoga cv-60 20th anniversary commemorative
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Can I get some help please can't find anything about this commemorative  possibly the  Composition. Believe was given to a high ranking officer on the ship. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated 

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

My guess is that this was given to the entire crew upon completion of of the cruise. Brass or bronze most likely and plated by the look of it.

Looks like you can pick these up for around $5 online. Was it presented to officer. (shrug)

On 1/21/2022 at 6:58 AM, Patman54 said:

A just answer expert said it was worth $54  but really couldn't give my any other information. 

I saw some, granted in worse condition, being offered for under $5. (shrug) I say it looks plated because there appears to be some chipping of the plating around the rim and deck of the ship, where the metal underneath looks to be a different color/composition. If it's .999 silver or if you could prove it was given to an officer, sure maybe $54, if neither of those things are true or can't be proven then I'd say in the $5 range. If you can find a copy of the cruise book, there might be something in there. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling

On 1/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, Patman54 said:

Ok I'll try thanks 

There is probably a Militaria website/chat board somewhere you could post this on and I'd imagine there is dedicated website for the U.S.S. Saratoga you could check as well.