• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC custom set photograph question

3 posts in this topic

hello again,  still dabbling on where/how is the best way to organize coins.  i created a custom set in NGC and it seemed it would not allow me to post the NGC cert verification photos to the set?  please advise if I am doing something wrong.  thanks

If you are accessing your set on the old NGC registry system (that is where the custom sets are currently) that system does not allow for an automatic upload of any photos that NGC has taken of your coins.   Keep in mind that NGC does not have photos for every coin and those photos that do exist in the NGC system are slab shots only.   If you have ever used the NGC photo vision service those photos are not kept in the NGC system, NGC emails those photos to the person that submitted the coin and paid for the photo service, but they are not available to be directly linked.

You need to access the new registry from the NGC home page, your login credentials are the same as you used on the old system when you created your custom set.  Once logged in you can use the tabs on the left hand side to navigate to your competitive coins.   This will bring up a list of all your coins in your inventory including those in your custom set.   Once the list is up the first column will be for images.  You click on the first image (it will show a + in the window if there is no photo there) and a dropdown menu will appear with two choices.  You click on add NGC image and the system will retrieve the slab photos of the coin if they were taken by NGC when the coin was graded.   The second option is to add your own images.  If in the future you decide to add your own images it is very simple to do so, follow the same procedure but if there is a photo already you will get a third option in the dropdown of replacing the image.

Once you do this for each line in your inventory (there is not a faster way that I am aware of) those photos should automatically show up in your custom set.   It can be done using the old system but it is a very time intensive activity and just way easier to do on the new system.   If you use those coins again for another set either custom or competitive those photos will automatically be shown in the new set for every coin in your inventory that you have done this for, you will not have to do this again unless you want to change the photo.

Hope this helps.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

If you are accessing your set on the old NGC registry system (that is where the custom sets are currently) that system does not allow for an automatic upload of any photos that NGC has taken of your coins.   Keep in mind that NGC does not have photos for every coin and those photos that do exist in the NGC system are slab shots only.   If you have ever used the NGC photo vision service those photos are not kept in the NGC system, NGC emails those photos to the person that submitted the coin and paid for the photo service, but they are not available to be directly linked.

You need to access the new registry from the NGC home page, your login credentials are the same as you used on the old system when you created your custom set.  Once logged in you can use the tabs on the left hand side to navigate to your competitive coins.   This will bring up a list of all your coins in your inventory including those in your custom set.   Once the list is up the first column will be for images.  You click on the first image (it will show a + in the window if there is no photo there) and a dropdown menu will appear with two choices.  You click on add NGC image and the system will retrieve the slab photos of the coin if they were taken by NGC when the coin was graded.   The second option is to add your own images.  If in the future you decide to add your own images it is very simple to do so, follow the same procedure but if there is a photo already you will get a third option in the dropdown of replacing the image.

Once you do this for each line in your inventory (there is not a faster way that I am aware of) those photos should automatically show up in your custom set.   It can be done using the old system but it is a very time intensive activity and just way easier to do on the new system.   If you use those coins again for another set either custom or competitive those photos will automatically be shown in the new set for every coin in your inventory that you have done this for, you will not have to do this again unless you want to change the photo.

Hope this helps.

thanks coinbuf.   i have slowly been messing with it on NGC and other site.  I got 3 dmpl carsons in my custom album over the course of 2 beers lol.   its gonna be a long haul.  i will fill you in on my CAC submission journey last 6 months.  over 400 mostly cc's and peace and batting almost 50 percent green.  will start a new thread when i got time to take some pics.  no golds.