• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had to have More
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Nice JP! I just got my unopened 1962 and a nice 1964 set today in the mail and bought a 75 and 78 set today. Pics when the last two arrive. Although I’m sorry to say I can’t get them for $5 like you do (haha). $10 and $12 respectively. 

Edited by Mr.Bill347

Proof sets are nice.  I have a really nice West German proof set from my birth year, 1980, that my fiancée bought me for my birthday one year.  I adore it.  I also recently ordered a 1974 West German proof set that's actually coming from Germany, so I don't have it yet.  I've given some thought to picking up some from other countries, too.  Specifically Japan, Austria and East Germany.  The East German one's definitely going to happen at some point and likely a 1988, for my fiancée's birth year.  I'll probably also pick up an East German one from 1982, which is my sister's birth year.  I may also pick up the Canadian proof sets for 1982 and 1988 as well.  Sadly, Canada didn't start making proof sets until 1981, so no dice on getting one of those from my birth year :(

On 1/13/2022 at 6:44 PM, Mohawk said:

I've given some thought to picking up some from other countries, too.  Specifically Japan

First of all, nice pick-ups J P!  Ima tellin ya...... you got the golden touch for finding deals and I can't imagine where you live that you have such a plentitude of shops to pick from!! Or even flea markets if that's the case.  I felt like I hit the lotto when I found three Whitman albums full of Wheats and those numerous board holders full of foreign stuff.  

Not hijacking your thread here J P... @Mohawk, do you know anything about Japanese or maybe Chinese coins?

Hi Greg!!

I know a little about Japanese and next to nothing about Chinese coins.  Did you have a Japanese coin you need help with?  If so, I'll take a stab at it.  However, I doubt you'd want my help with anything Chinese.  I can basically recognize some of the types and that's about it.

~Tom