• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packing coins for shipment.

5 posts in this topic

In the past I've shipped coins to NGC with them in short stacks that I had wrapped in a rubber band or one of my wife's hair-ties. I'm getting ready to send in another shipment and I was considering leaving them in a BCW flip page, accordian folding it and wrapping the four coloumns with bands / ties - either that or just wrap bubble wrap around the bundle. I'm wondering if this would meet expectations for NGC on packing or if it would result in additional headaches and charges.. 

271392179_982383699303074_640061740359448842_nb.jpg.8f8e6e51a1cf021e1ee2677054fc0831.jpg271376153_963163981283640_7439680201573060925_nb.jpg.a39d98c68c024bcf6dbe84b7c54c65c3.jpg

The Instructions that NGC gives on the website indicate how to put the coins in flips and to not cut, glue or staple, but it doesn't comment on how to bind the coins together and pack them 

image.png.ae8a9cbfc27a03d0da3a9dc17eacd3c0.png

• Administrator

Hello,

We would prefer that they be submitted in flips.  The reason is that our receiving department will need to remove them and place them in flips and that puts them more behind than they are already now.  When we weren't as busy as we are now, it really didn't matter.

Thanks,

Lisa

On 1/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, LISA B said:

Hello,

We would prefer that they be submitted in flips.  The reason is that our receiving department will need to remove them and place them in flips and that puts them more behind than they are already now.  When we weren't as busy as we are now, it really didn't matter.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thanks for the reply. The idea had actually been to have them in flips in the page pockets, but it ultimately sent these out just in flips, rubber banded together in groups of 4-6. So should be good. Thank you again. :)

I am sorry if this is redundant, but is this kind of holder (the circular two-piece pictured below) out of the question for shipping my coins to NGC? These seem to hold my coins nicely in place. I feel the thin flips leaves the coin open for damage. 

Also, is every graded coin automatically put into one of the official "Holders" or do I need to pay extra to have it sent back to me in an NGC holder?

Thank you,

-Tom

coin holder.jpg