• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin Sets of All Nations and Sheet Protectors?

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking at / getting some of these "Coin Sets of All Nations from the Franklin Mint and I'm trying to decide how best to store them. I have some sheet protectors advertised as PVC Free and I'm thinking / hoping I could get away with stcking these in the sheet protectors in a binder and storing them with my other raw coins that way.

Anyone else think that would be a problem?

Hi William!

I know the sets you're speaking of and I think that the protectors you are looking at would work fine provided the sets will fit in the protectors.  I don't remember the exact size of those sets, but you should be able to find something that they'll fit in, I'd imagine.

I hope this is of some help!

~Tom

On 1/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, Mohawk said:

Hi William!

I know the sets you're speaking of and I think that the protectors you are looking at would work fine provided the sets will fit in the protectors.  I don't remember the exact size of those sets, but you should be able to find something that they'll fit in, I'd imagine.

I hope this is of some help!

~Tom

The ones I have seem to be 8 X 11.5. My sheet protectors are 8.5 X 11. So they'll poke out a bit on top but I think it'll work well enough as long as it isn't going to trash the coins. Thanks!

Edited by Revenant

On 1/7/2022 at 9:52 PM, Revenant said:

The ones I have seem to be 8 X 11.5. My sheet protectors are 8.5 X 11. So they'll poke out a bit on top but I think it'll work well enough as long as it isn't going to trash the coins. Thanks!

Those should work just fine, William.  I think you'll be in good shape there. Your sheet protectors shouldn't trash the coins, either.  Also, the Franklin Mint packaging will add another layer of protection to the coins.  You should be fine.  BTW.......Have you seen a German Democratic Republic Coin Sets of All Nations?  I may have to see if I can seek one of those out........I'm loving the DDR lately.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:26 PM, Mohawk said:

Have you seen a German Democratic Republic Coin Sets of All Nations?  I may have to see if I can seek one of those out

I've seen them on ebay along with East German sets, but they aren't cheap. The lone GDR set they were asking over $100 but were accepting offers and the EG sets were around $60. 

On 1/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I've seen them on ebay along with East German sets, but they aren't cheap. The lone GDR set they were asking over $100 but were accepting offers and the EG sets were around $60. 

I'm not surprised at those prices, Mike.  I'd imagine that they'd be some of the more popular sets of that series.  Thank you for the info, though!! I may have to check those out.