• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another W quarter
2 2

47 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, zadok said:

...thats called a blizzard there....

I know, right? They had upper corner and bottom of screen crawls over the playoff games. 

On 1/17/2022 at 9:51 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Yea we got hit pretty hard. We got out took a little ride around 10 that night. Love ridind around in the snow at night. received_1277477749425774.jpeg.42d0938ab9a0560ca46ce79bba295718.jpeg

...yep...thats my kind of night ride just need a few flakes in the headlights.....

On 1/17/2022 at 8:51 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Yea we got hit pretty hard. We got out took a little ride around 10 that night. Love ridind around in the snow at night. received_1277477749425774.jpeg.42d0938ab9a0560ca46ce79bba295718.jpeg

Reminds me of the night of November 30 to December 1, 2020 driving a U-Haul through eastern Tennessee. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 1/17/2022 at 9:54 PM, zadok said:

...yep...thats my kind of night ride just need a few flakes in the headlights.....

It was peppering it down. Hard to tell in that pic where the tress was hanging over the road. Here a better one. received_702918000696873.jpeg.eb24c41252d8818cd9017e22504def38.jpeg

Edited by Hoghead515

On 1/17/2022 at 9:53 PM, VKurtB said:

I know, right? They had upper corner and bottom of screen crawls over the playoff games. 

...understand that...way back when, i was in pilot training at valdosta georgia n it snowed one inch n snow shovels were selling for $50 n AU condition n more if MS....

On 1/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, zadok said:

...understand that...way back when, i was in pilot training at valdosta georgia n it snowed one inch n snow shovels were selling for $50 n AU condition n more if MS....

...ones with operating instructions brought a premium...

On 1/17/2022 at 9:54 PM, VKurtB said:

Reminds me of the night of November 30 to December 1, 2020 driving a U-Haul through eastern Tennessee. 

I bet that was a tough trip thru those mountains. Wouldnt be as bad if it werent for all the non drivers. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I bet that was a tough trip thru those mountains. Wouldnt be as bad if it werent for all the non drivers. 

The run from Knoxville to Chattanooga that night on I-75 still gives me nightmares. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:02 PM, VKurtB said:

The run from Knoxville to Chattanooga that night on I-75 still gives me nightmares. 

Hit some black ice up in your old home country that gave me nightmares. Up in Pennsylvania. I was driving a 2 wheel drive S10 and people was sliding off the road all around me. It looked like wet blacktop but it was dangerous ice. No snow in sight. Never seen so many crashes in my life. People hitting the rescue vehicles. We just creeped through about 100 miles of it then hit dry blacktop again. I was a nervous wreck. People wouldnt slow down. That was in winter 2001. Maybe late 2000. 

Edited by Hoghead515

I take that back about the crashes. This last storm that hit Ky before this one I seen around 100 or better but I didnt have to drive. My boss was at the wheel. 

On 1/17/2022 at 9:58 PM, Hoghead515 said:

[Everest wouldn't be so bad either if it weren't for all those non-climbers.]  😉  

On 1/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Everest wouldn't be so bad either if it weren't for all those non-climbers.]  😉  

Very true. Lol I walked right into that one. 

Edited by Hoghead515

I guess we supposed to get 4 more inches snow tomorrow night. I sure wish it would quit. Havent worked a single day this week and my unemployment is all messed up. May be selling a few of my W quarters here in a day or two. Hope not but sometimes gotta make some sacrifices. If I do I may post some on NGC sales thread if anyone may be interested. Im gonna hold out long as I can. 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:08 AM, Hoghead515 said:

I guess we supposed to get 4 more inches snow tomorrow night. I sure wish it would quit. Havent worked a single day this week and my unemployment is all messed up. May be selling a few of my W quarters here in a day or two. Hope not but sometimes gotta make some sacrifices. If I do I may post some on NGC sales thread if anyone may be interested. Im gonna hold out long as I can. 

Sorry to hear that you may have to sell some of those W's. :(

On 1/19/2022 at 12:34 PM, tj96 said:

Sorry to hear that you may have to sell some of those W's. :(

I think i can get by without having to. I been thinking about it for a few days now but looks like weather gonna get better next week down here. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:39 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I think i can get by without having to. I been thinking about it for a few days now but looks like weather gonna get better next week down here. 

I hope so.  Hang in there my friend! (thumbsu