• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B.U. Grading
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Mint State coins (a better term to use than B.U.) start at MS 60 and go to MS 70.  Anything below MS 60 would not be considered Mint State.

Edited by Mohawk

On 12/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, Stackerdude21 said:

Ah, thank you. Just the answer I was looking for. Happy New Year!🥳

No problem. Glad to help.  And a Happy New Year to you as well!

On 12/26/2021 at 9:08 PM, Stackerdude21 said:

Where would a B.U. grade coin fall in the realm of the NGC price guide? For example would they be XF, AU50, AU58 or do B.U. Coins start about MS-60?

I cannot remember what post it was in, which was not very long ago, but I believe it was @GoldFinger1969 and another member (maybe @RWB, can't remember....sorry) laid out some very good information as to the meaning of B.U., GEM coins, etc...... I thought I had saved it but I can't seem to find it.  Maybe one of these members, or another member, will chime in and can recall who and/or where this post is.  

EDIT:  I just now went back and found this post and thread with some good info.  It was GoldFinger (which I changed above) hope this helps in your learning ventures. (thumbsu

Edited by GBrad