• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21% of Heritage Signature auction coins did not sell.

8 posts in this topic

Of the 3316 lots, 2625 lots sold. Although a high percentage, not terribly out of line for this size of a sale. Above 25% buybacks, then concern kicks in.

TRUTH

interesting truth as these figures usually defines the market for the insiders in the coin game

and a great important thread post many will not understand

such is the coin game

Anybody got average percentages for Heritage in 2002, 2003, and 2004 in Long Beach or other sales? 21% seems pretty high.

I think 21% is pretty close. Heritage has way too many coins in their auctions and that's the main reason the percentage of unsold coins appears high and out of whack. It also scares people when they see this. They've become another eBay as far as I'm concerned. Lot's of really good stuff, lots of crappy stuff, and a whole ton of stuff in the middle. Thus 21% of the stuff is left over.

Jerry

They've become another eBay as far as I'm concerned. Lot's of really good stuff, lots of crappy stuff, and a whole ton of stuff in the middle. Thus 21% of the stuff is left over.

What do you mean "became"? That was pretty much Heritage as I remember it before Ebay was even a player in rare coin auctions. They've had garbage in their sales (probably stuff they own themselves) for as long as I've been in the market. I'd say Ebay "became" a Heritage and not the other way around. 27_laughing.gif

jom