• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Peace and Morgan Dollars available on US Mint Website
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I will truly believe it when they are in my hand, but I was just able to order the 2021 Peace and 2021P Morgan Dollars that I didn't get when first released - and I got an order confirmation email - go check it out on the US Mint Website

Yep, received the notification at 2PM. Went to the website had a Peace and (P) Morgan in my bag went to checkout and....left. (no coins) I hope all the collectors who wanted these or were missing a coin/s for there collections got what they needed, looks like a lot of people were picking up duplicates and/or maxing out on limits. 

I originally had a CC privy, a Peace, and a Philly Morgan. I traded my CC for a D with a fellow member here. I was on the D wait list. When I got the message, I checked the CC privy instead and grabbed one to replace the one I swapped. So I now have four of the six. No O privy, no S. I’ll wait well into 2022 for the prices on those to collapse.

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/14/2021 at 11:29 PM, VKurtB said:

I’ll wait well into 2022 for the prices on those to collapse.

A curious comment. 🤔  Evoking the Duke Brothers yelling, "Sell! Sell! Sell!" in the movie, "Trading Places."

Comment:  I seriously doubt all those collectors who jumped on the bandwagon early on did so in eager anticipation of seeing their investments go down the drain.  :makepoint: xD

Production is always greater than announced. This allows for damage, loss, return, declined payment and fulfillment problems, plus the Mint has internal review and audit uses for some. It can take several weeks to reconcile fulfillment with inventory, hence, the extras now are available. Note that the US Mint does not resell coins that are returned unless they are perfect and in unopened capsules.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

A curious comment. 🤔  Evoking the Duke Brothers yelling, "Sell! Sell! Sell!" in the movie, "Trading Places."

Comment:  I seriously doubt all those collectors who jumped on the bandwagon early on did so in eager anticipation of seeing their investments go down the drain.  :makepoint: xD

MOST “investments” (as if…) in US Mint products do indeed “go down the drain”. The trick is to not get so discouraged that you miss buying the 1 in 10 or 15 that is a winner. 

On 12/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, RWB said:

Production is always greater than announced. This allows for damage, loss, return, declined payment and fulfillment problems, plus the Mint has internal review and audit uses for some. It can take several weeks to reconcile fulfillment with inventory, hence, the extras now are available. Note that the US Mint does not resell coins that are returned unless they are perfect and in unopened capsules.

That was exactly my next question! I was worried that they were re-selling "scratched" and "scuffed" returned coins - I'm glad you cleared that up. I had already purchased more than the "new" limit of three (3) CC privy coins (the original limit was 10 I think), so I didn't get any more of those. I did get my three (3) Peace dollars (my favorite silver dollar) and three (3) of the "P" Morgan Dollars - the only ones that I got skunked out of by the US Mint crappy website. The US Mint told me today that the order is already shipped - I can't believe it.

The only other experience I had with buying one of the last few of a coin release as a secondary release from the US Mint was when I bought my 2016 commemorative 1016 Mercury Dime. Many people then said that they were scratched returns but mine was very nice - I thought I just got lucky.

Are you able to buy these by walking into the Philadelphia Mint ? When I was young, I remember taking the train and going in there , they had stuff in a display. 

On 12/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dave1384 said:

Are you able to buy these by walking into the Philadelphia Mint ? When I was young, I remember taking the train and going in there , they had stuff in a display. 

Hard to say. They might have some there, and they might not. Given the near sellout, perhaps not. Then again, Philly is a bad COVID town right now, and the Mint is a federal facility, so the sales counter may be closed.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, Tarmack said:

That was exactly my next question! I was worried that they were re-selling "scratched" and "scuffed" returned coins - I'm glad you cleared that up. I had already purchased more than the "new" limit of three (3) CC privy coins (the original limit was 10 I think), so I didn't get any more of those. I did get my three (3) Peace dollars (my favorite silver dollar) and three (3) of the "P" Morgan Dollars - the only ones that I got skunked out of by the US Mint crappy website. The US Mint told me today that the order is already shipped - I can't believe it.

The only other experience I had with buying one of the last few of a coin release as a secondary release from the US Mint was when I bought my 2016 commemorative 1016 Mercury Dime. Many people then said that they were scratched returns but mine was very nice - I thought I just got lucky.

The one I just got (CC privy) is flawless. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, VKurtB said:

The one I just got (CC privy) is flawless. 

I just got my (3) Peace dollars from the US Mint - very happy with all of them. The Mint even packed them better that shipments from previous years - adding foam blocks to keep the OGP boxes from bouncing around inside the shipping box. The new OGP is less impressive - the cheap felt / plastic insert like they've used in the Uncirculated American Silver Eagles - all three of the capsules had popped out and were rattling around in the OGP boxes.

New Year resolution - learn how to take better / more consistent photos of coins!

Peace Low.jpg