• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019d questions

10 posts in this topic

20211129_203728.thumb.jpg.4717ec1976c76a00a8b81b1c1e6e9734.jpgI am seeing strands of hair that are thicker than usual.  The bottoms of the flags are extended. The hair above, behind and in front of seems off. There seem to be some die clashes on George's neck that aren't matching up to anything. It just doesn't look right overall but I can't really explain it.

A lot of the newer quarters look like that. Especially the state quarters. They had to change the design every year and make a lot of them. So they got sloppy and there’s a bunch with struck through grease and what not. I have a ton of quarters with die chips. I found out of all the quarters I’ve been through the New Hampshire 2000 quarter seems to be the most messed up in machine doubling and worn and greased dies.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, Keith Dee said:

A lot of the newer quarters look like that. Especially the state quarters. They had to change the design every year and make a lot of them. So they got sloppy and there’s a bunch with struck through grease and what not. I have a ton of quarters with die chips. I found out of all the quarters I’ve been through the New Hampshire 2000 quarter seems to be the most messed up in machine doubling and worn and greased dies.

You're dead on....the State Quarters have a ton of die fatigue problems and things like machine doubling and die chips.  I find them, I won't say often, but often enough in our quarters for laundry.  I don't even bother to save them, really.  I put them back out there and hope that a kid or a new collector finds them.  For my collecting interests, that's the best thing I could do with them.